Recommendation for a hotel in the Ardennes
Kiran
2006-07-25 21:12:27 UTC
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one seems to
be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.

If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
--
Kiran D.Bot (Celeritas)
GSXR1000 K3
BOTAFOT#19; IBW#14; BOTAFOF#20; MRO#18
wessie
2006-07-25 21:25:16 UTC
Post by Kiran
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one
seems to be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.
If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
This place just across the border in Lorraine, about 30 miles south of
Sedan, has been recommended to me. I haven't used it myself.
--
wessie at tesco dot net

BMW R1150GS
Kiran
2006-07-25 21:32:16 UTC
Post by wessie
Post by Kiran
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one
seems to be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.
If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
This place just across the border in Lorraine, about 30 miles south of
Sedan, has been recommended to me. I haven't used it myself.
Err, thanks. What is it then? A muddy field?
wessie
2006-07-25 21:34:56 UTC
Post by Kiran
Post by wessie
Post by Kiran
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one
seems to be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.
If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
This place just across the border in Lorraine, about 30 miles south of
Sedan, has been recommended to me. I haven't used it myself.
Err, thanks. What is it then? A muddy field?
oops

http://www.bikersbedsfrance.co.uk/
--
wessie at tesco dot net

BMW R1150GS
Kiran
2006-07-25 21:48:02 UTC
Post by wessie
http://www.bikersbedsfrance.co.uk/
Thanks. In fact, it's almost next door to the place where Daz's bike decided
to have a hissy fit last year.
wessie
2006-07-25 21:54:21 UTC
Post by Kiran
Post by wessie
http://www.bikersbedsfrance.co.uk/
Thanks. In fact, it's almost next door to the place where Daz's bike
decided to have a hissy fit last year.
If it happens again there's a handy canal nearby.....
--
wessie at tesco dot net

BMW R1150GS
Andy Bonwick
2006-07-27 20:36:50 UTC
Post by Kiran
Post by wessie
http://www.bikersbedsfrance.co.uk/
Thanks. In fact, it's almost next door to the place where Daz's bike decided
to have a hissy fit last year.
A laybye in the middle of nowhere?

t***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-07-25 21:31:48 UTC
Post by Kiran
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one seems to
be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.
If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
"Duc de Bouillon" near the centre of Bouillon. V good, v cheap. ....and
Bouillon is great.
Kiran
simonk
2006-07-25 21:57:23 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Kiran
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one seems to
be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.
If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
"Duc de Bouillon" near the centre of Bouillon. V good, v cheap. ....and
Bouillon is great.
Just as well that Kiran's bike is completely stock, then
simonk: 955i, ccm404-ds
t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2006-07-26 09:44:39 UTC
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique,
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Souper.
--
Wicked Uncle Nigel - Podium Placed Ducati Race Engineer As featured in
Performance Bikes

WS* GHPOTHUF#24 APOSTLE#14 DLC#1 COFF#20 BOTAFOT#150 HYPO#0(KoTL) IbW#41
SBS#39 OMF#6 Enfield 500 Curry House Racer "The Basmati Rice Burner",
Honda GL1000K2 (On its hols) Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager "Oh, Oh, It's so big"
Suzuki TS250 "The Africa Single" Yamaha Vmax Honda ST1100 wiv trailer
Champ
2006-07-26 10:35:26 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Souper.
You sound a bit excited. I hope you've not gone a bit cockaleeky.
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
Ace
2006-07-26 10:42:44 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Souper.
You sound a bit excited. I hope you've not gone a bit cockaleeky.
Must be planning a boullion robbery.
--
_______
.'_/_|_\_'. Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
`
t***@yahoo.co.uk
I would but I'm chicken.
Phil Launchbury
2006-07-26 11:20:00 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Souper.
Smashing[1]

Phil.

[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
--
Phil Launchbury, IT PHB
Triumph Tiger 955i
to juggle mushrooms'
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2006-07-26 12:46:43 UTC
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Phil Launchbury
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Souper.
Smashing[1]
Phil.
[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
I don't think it is, you know.

But so long as you believe it is, that's fine.

Champ
2006-07-26 14:00:49 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.co.uk
My G/F and I hop over there from time to time, we broth love it.
Souper.
Smashing[1]
Phil.
[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
I don't think it is, you know.
But so long as you believe it is, that's fine.
"Phil's beliefs at odds with everyone else" shocker :-)

Phil Launchbury
2006-07-26 14:23:02 UTC
Post by Wicked Uncle Nigel
I don't think it is, you know.
But so long as you believe it is, that's fine.
"Phil's beliefs at odds with everyone else" shocker :-)
<Goes into corner marked "Paranoia">

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
DR
2006-07-26 17:12:14 UTC
Post by Wicked Uncle Nigel
I don't think it is, you know.
But so long as you believe it is, that's fine.
"Phil's beliefs at odds with everyone else" shocker :-)
<Goes into corner marked "Paranoia">
You're not paranoid, Phil. Paranoia is a delusional state.
Darren Robinson
Phil Launchbury
2006-07-26 14:01:56 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Wicked Uncle Nigel
Souper.
Smashing[1]
Phil.
[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
I don't think it is, you know.
I thought it was in "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin"? The two
marketing twonks..

Ho hum.

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2006-07-26 14:28:50 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Wicked Uncle Nigel
Souper.
Smashing[1]
Phil.
[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
I don't think it is, you know.
I thought it was in "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin"? The two
marketing twonks..
ITYF that was "Grrrrreat!" "Suuuuper".
Post by Phil Launchbury
Ho hum.
Quite so.

Phil Launchbury
2006-07-26 14:39:37 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Wicked Uncle Nigel
Post by Phil Launchbury
[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
I don't think it is, you know.
I thought it was in "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin"? The two
marketing twonks..
ITYF that was "Grrrrreat!" "Suuuuper".
Err - it was also "Super" "Smashing" (it bugged me so much I looked it
up).

http://www.leonardrossiter.com/reginaldperrin/Scripts2.html

It's when he has Grot and has a marketing type female (as well as one
of the blokes from Sunshine Deserts) and they chorus the Super Smashing
bit.

I'm relieved to discover that I'm not going senile.

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
Champ
2006-07-26 14:30:34 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Wicked Uncle Nigel
Souper.
Smashing[1]
Phil.
[1] And before anyone shouts at me I know it's not soup-related. But it
is Reggie Perrin related.
I don't think it is, you know.
I thought it was in "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin"? The two
marketing twonks..
They said "great" and "super".

hth.

Phil Launchbury
2006-07-26 14:49:55 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
I thought it was in "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin"? The two
marketing twonks..
They said "great" and "super".
See my reply to the evil parent-sibling.

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
Speedgazebo
2006-07-25 22:24:15 UTC
Post by Kiran
As per subject really. Google threw up a few decent ones - main one seems
to be Hotel des Ardennes, but that's booked.
If they've got secure parking etc for bikes, that'd be a bonus.
I stayed here on the way to the Nurburgring last year, no complaints,
reasonable rooms , bar and a resturant. Not expensive either.

I'd stay there again.

http://www.francois1.fr/

--

Speedgazebo