OT: Dog being sick
Kevin Stone
2007-08-16 22:30:14 UTC
Hi,

Dog [1] has started being sick in the last 24 hours, only a few times, but
seems able to keep food down, but it sick as soon as she drinks.

She's previously swallowed a sock, but I don't remember how it affected her
other than her being randomly sick every so often for a few days before she
sicked it up, but I don't remember her failing to keep food/water down.

Any ideas? My money's on another sock, but not sure as we keep socks out of
her way now.

[1] 6 year old black lab
Kev
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
2007-08-16 22:36:55 UTC
Post by Kevin Stone
Hi,
Dog [1] has started being sick in the last 24 hours, only a few
times, but seems able to keep food down, but it sick as soon as she
drinks.
If she can't keep water down she'll need to see a vet asap whatever it is,
but I assume you already knew that? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!

Bloody dogs. DAMH... etc etc
Si - XV535
Kevin Stone
2007-08-16 22:40:07 UTC
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
If she can't keep water down she'll need to see a vet asap
My thoughts as well, we'll be off first thing in the morning.
Kev
Catman
2007-08-17 06:29:19 UTC
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 156 TS 166 V6 2.5 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156
V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Timo Geusch
2007-08-17 06:56:35 UTC
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
--
Morini Corsaro 125 | CB450K4 | XL250 Motosport x2 | 900SSD
K1100LT|Laverda SF2|Harley FXD BOTAFOF #33 TWA#10
"Je profite du paysage" - Joe Bar
Catman
2007-08-17 07:24:08 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
You know, wine, women, song, hotels etc etc.

Long story, he was hypersalivating, and retching but not bringing up
anything other than saliva.
Blood tests: Normal
X-Ray (or was it a CAT scan ;)): Normal
Endoscopy: Stomach bleeding and lesions
Internal examination: Organs fine, biopsy of stomach and lymph. (results
eventually normal)
Antibiotics (although all bacterial counts cam beac as normal)
Feeding through a drip
Tried feeding through a gastric tube (which he promptly vomited back out)
Anti emetics
Appetite stimulators (he got to a point where he basically hadn't eaten
for a week and imminent liver failure was predicted.
Additional costs for hospitalisation of veterinary staff.

It's still not 100% sure he'll be OK as he still is not eating properly
and goes through periods of very obvious lethargy.

Praise be to insurance companies, but not happy with SWMBO who ignored
the 20% excess on the policy :(
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Ace
2007-08-17 07:48:48 UTC
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:24:08 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
FFS!
Post by Catman
It's still not 100% sure he'll be OK as he still is not eating properly
and goes through periods of very obvious lethargy.
Hope it all goes OK.
Post by Catman
Praise be to insurance companies, but not happy with SWMBO who ignored
the 20% excess on the policy :(
No no no no! It's only the fucking insurance companies that have
allowed such a rampant rip-off to happen. There's no fucking way the
treatment described should come anywhere close. I'd say it't a whole
order of magnitude too high.

Couple of years back one of ours was seriously ill, so loads of
bloods, just about every test under the sun, then a whole week of
'perfusion' (like dialysis but using an abdominal fluid wash rather
than doing it directly on the blood).

Cost was about 300 Euros, IIRC. OK, so there was no surgery, but we've
had others who have needed surgery, including one time for a Biopsy,
another for a leg amputation, and again, it's normally around the
2-300 mark, tops.

Pet insurance serves to mask the extorionate charges being applied,
and like most other types, is ultimately only good for the health-care
providers and the insurers.
--
_______
.'_/_|_\_'. Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
`
Catman
2007-08-17 07:54:26 UTC
Post by Ace
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:24:08 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
Post by Timo Geusch
<snip>
Post by Catman
It's still not 100% sure he'll be OK as he still is not eating properly
and goes through periods of very obvious lethargy.
Hope it all goes OK.
He was much better this morning, ta.
Post by Ace
Post by Catman
Praise be to insurance companies, but not happy with SWMBO who ignored
the 20% excess on the policy :(
No no no no! It's only the fucking insurance companies that have
allowed such a rampant rip-off to happen. There's no fucking way the
treatment described should come anywhere close. I'd say it't a whole
order of magnitude too high.
Couple of years back one of ours was seriously ill, so loads of
bloods, just about every test under the sun, then a whole week of
'perfusion' (like dialysis but using an abdominal fluid wash rather
than doing it directly on the blood).
Cost was about 300 Euros, IIRC. OK, so there was no surgery, but we've
had others who have needed surgery, including one time for a Biopsy,
another for a leg amputation, and again, it's normally around the
2-300 mark, tops.
Is that blanket across europe?
Post by Ace
Pet insurance serves to mask the extorionate charges being applied,
and like most other types, is ultimately only good for the health-care
providers and the insurers.
I have to confess it is a *fuck* of a lot of cash. I do, in fact, feel
slightly guilty. As on of my staff pointed out, there are literally
millions of people for whom healthcare to the tune of 4k is completely
out of the question.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Ace
2007-08-17 08:29:34 UTC
Post by Catman
It's still not 100% sure he'll be OK as he still is not eating properly
and goes through periods of very obvious lethargy.
Hope it all goes OK.
He was much better this morning, ta.
Glad to hear that.
Post by Catman
Post by Ace
Couple of years back one of ours was seriously ill, so loads of
bloods, just about every test under the sun, then a whole week of
'perfusion' (like dialysis but using an abdominal fluid wash rather
than doing it directly on the blood).
Cost was about 300 Euros, IIRC. OK, so there was no surgery, but we've
had others who have needed surgery, including one time for a Biopsy,
another for a leg amputation, and again, it's normally around the
2-300 mark, tops.
Is that blanket across europe?
How TF would I know? This is in France, at a Vet's at least as well
equipped as any I've been to in the UK.
Post by Catman
Post by Ace
Pet insurance serves to mask the extorionate charges being applied,
and like most other types, is ultimately only good for the health-care
providers and the insurers.
I have to confess it is a *fuck* of a lot of cash. I do, in fact, feel
slightly guilty. As on of my staff pointed out, there are literally
millions of people for whom healthcare to the tune of 4k is completely
out of the question.
Well yes, and when you consider that going private for surgery in the
UK starts at only a grand and a half or so (for something like an
arthroscopy) it puts it into another perspective again.
--
_______
`
Catman
2007-08-17 08:36:32 UTC
Ace wrote:
<snip>
Post by Ace
Post by Catman
Post by Ace
Cost was about 300 Euros, IIRC. OK, so there was no surgery, but we've
had others who have needed surgery, including one time for a Biopsy,
another for a leg amputation, and again, it's normally around the
2-300 mark, tops.
Is that blanket across europe?
How TF would I know? This is in France, at a Vet's at least as well
equipped as any I've been to in the UK.
Sorry, I won't credit you with the usual level of knowledge you seem to
show ;)
Post by Ace
Post by Catman
Post by Ace
Pet insurance serves to mask the extorionate charges being applied,
and like most other types, is ultimately only good for the health-care
providers and the insurers.
I have to confess it is a *fuck* of a lot of cash. I do, in fact, feel
slightly guilty. As on of my staff pointed out, there are literally
millions of people for whom healthcare to the tune of 4k is completely
out of the question.
Well yes, and when you consider that going private for surgery in the
UK starts at only a grand and a half or so (for something like an
arthroscopy) it puts it into another perspective again.
Yep, indeed.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 10:24:34 UTC
Post by Ace
Post by Catman
Praise be to insurance companies, but not happy with SWMBO who ignored
the 20% excess on the policy :(
No no no no! It's only the fucking insurance companies that have
allowed such a rampant rip-off to happen. There's no fucking way the
treatment described should come anywhere close. I'd say it't a whole
order of magnitude too high.
<AOL>

With our old moggies kicking the bucket and us getting two new models
we keep getting asked "do you have insurance" every time we book them
in for stuff like jabs and the like. And then when I reply that we
don't I get the 'this bloke is an axe-murderer' treatment..

It's in the vets interest to get their clients to take insurance - when
we registered the kittens with them they included in the kitten-pack a
pre-printed form with all the details already filled in. All we needed
to add were our bank details and our signature. The receptionist got
quite huffy when I tore it up and stuck it in my jacket pocket for
shredding..

I did explain my reasons - I think that insurance leads to a) treatment
that isn't necessary in order to inflate the bill and b) overpriced
procedures. We saw this with one of our dogs - she has some cataracts
in one of her eyes and the vet was going on about a new treatment that
using infrasonics to destroy the lens followed by injection of some
compound to replace it. Total cost? About GPB1000 *per eye* - 'but your
insurance will pay for it'.
Considering the fact that (on a human) an old-style cataract op cost
about GBP 50 I considered that fairly extortionate. Under pressure she
did admit that they would use the old method 'if we really wanted it'
and that it would be about 70-80 quid..

We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.

Phil.
--
Phil Launchbury, IT PHB
'I'm training the bats that live in my cube
to juggle mushrooms'
MikeH
2007-08-17 10:42:25 UTC
Phil Launchbury wrote:

<two bricks>
Post by Phil Launchbury
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
Yebbut with a cat you'd expect a factor of 9.
Mike H
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 10:53:47 UTC
Post by MikeH
<two bricks>
Post by Phil Launchbury
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
Yebbut with a cat you'd expect a factor of 9.
<Ba-doom-tish!>

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
Ace
2007-08-17 10:45:39 UTC
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:24:34 +0100, Phil Launchbury
<***@launchbury.org.uk> wrote:

<snip>
Post by Phil Launchbury
Considering the fact that (on a human) an old-style cataract op cost
about GBP 50 I considered that fairly extortionate. Under pressure she
did admit that they would use the old method 'if we really wanted it'
and that it would be about 70-80 quid..
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
We've not had the best of luck with cats over here, losing (last one
was last week) all three of the cats we rought over with us six years
ago, then two sibling replacements, then a stray who strayed off. At
leat two of them required extended treatment (kidney failure for one,
cancer for another and significant vet's bills (well, hundreds of
Euros, at least) and there has been more minor surgery on at least two
other occasions.

So we've paid a fair bit, but as you say, still a damn sight less than
the insewerants would have charged.

In only one case would the possibility of 'better' treatment have been
available, but as the cancer of his paw was diagnosed as a metastasis
in the first place (i.e. a secondary site) and he was 17 years old,
there's no way I'd have even considered chemotherapy even if it had
been offered and paid for by someone else. He had the leg chopped off
and lived another six very happy months. Died next to my bed one
night, having been happy and playing outside just the day before. Best
way to go, IMO.
--
_______
`
Adie
2007-08-19 15:15:53 UTC
Post by Ace
We've not had the best of luck with cats over here, losing (last one
was last week)
oh bugger. which one?

commiserations
--
Adie
(replace spam with nickname to reply)

UKRM FAQ: http://www.ukrm.net/faq/
keeper of the ukrm faq for my sins

YZF-R1: ZX9R E1

MRO#11 BOTAFOF#7 BOTAFOT#130 DIAABTCOD#17 MIB#24 YTC#16 BOB#15 ex-UKRMMA#22 BOMB#11
Ace
2007-08-19 16:43:52 UTC
Post by Adie
Post by Ace
We've not had the best of luck with cats over here, losing (last one
was last week)
oh bugger. which one?
Old (19?) blind toothless Barty. He'd been in the habit of going out
in the garden quite a lot over the last few months, seeming to be
enjoying life a lot more than most of the last couple of years. One
Saturday morning jude let him out and he never came back; he'd had a
couple of odd incidents over the previous few days, suddenly getting
very out of breath for no reason, so we reckon his time had come and
he just crawled under a hedge, went to sleep and didn't wake up.

Shame we couldn't find him, as it was a couple of days before we could
be certain, but he'd had a good life or nine[1] and was happy and
pain-free at the end, so we're not so upset as some of the premature
ones of the last few years.

[1] Including: Born with cat flu, not expected to survive; Jumping
out of an upstairs window; Getting stuck in a tree and being
dive-bombed by the resident crows; Getting trodden on by me coming
down the stairs with a 15" monitor in my hands, going down two steps
to avoid him (and failing) and others.
Post by Adie
commiserations
Ta.
--
_______
`
Adie
2007-08-19 17:04:26 UTC
Post by Ace
Shame we couldn't find him, as it was a couple of days before we could
be certain, but he'd had a good life or nine[1] and was happy and
pain-free at the end, so we're not so upset as some of the premature
ones of the last few years.
at least he'd had a good life. he seemed in good spirits last time I
saw him but I know what you mean about you not being as upset with him
passing as with others.

AndrewR
2007-08-17 10:52:45 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
Up until then you'd assumed that insurance companies were run by cat-
loving philanthropists?
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 11:04:28 UTC
Post by AndrewR
Post by Phil Launchbury
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
Up until then you'd assumed that insurance companies were run by cat-
loving philanthropists?
Just like bike insurance companies are run by bike-loving bike
enthusiasts you mean?

And MCN is run by serious jouralists?

Phil.

(The answer is no BTW.. but I hadn't realised how big a margin it was).
to juggle mushrooms'
Catman
2007-08-17 10:53:17 UTC
Phil Launchbury wrote:

<snip>
Post by Phil Launchbury
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
£20 per month IIRC, 10 years old makes £2400. We are very much ahead of
the game ATM. And that's not including the other stuff we've claimed for
(necessary or otherwise)
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Ace
2007-08-17 11:46:35 UTC
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:53:17 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
<snip>
Post by Phil Launchbury
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
£20 per month IIRC, 10 years old makes £2400. We are very much ahead of
the game ATM. And that's not including the other stuff we've claimed for
(necessary or otherwise)
Ahh, but there's the rub. Unnecessary or overly-expensive treatment
doesn't mean you've got better VFM.

BTW I'm not saying you haven't, just that it's not as simple an
equation as that.
--
_______
`
Catman
2007-08-17 11:58:29 UTC
Post by Ace
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:53:17 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
<snip>
Post by Phil Launchbury
We sat down when our old cats died and worked out the costs
and (even with the large bill that one of them incurred in the last
week of her life) if we had insured her it would have cost us about 4
times more than we would have claimed back over her lifetime.
£20 per month IIRC, 10 years old makes £2400. We are very much ahead of
the game ATM. And that's not including the other stuff we've claimed for
(necessary or otherwise)
Ahh, but there's the rub. Unnecessary or overly-expensive treatment
doesn't mean you've got better VFM.
Very true
Post by Ace
BTW I'm not saying you haven't, just that it's not as simple an
equation as that.
Accepted. They (apparently) did a hell of a lot of work and made lots of
phone calls. They could teach some big companies a bit about customer
service as a sideline :)
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Boots
2007-08-17 20:17:00 UTC
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:24:34 +0100 in uk.rec.motorcycles, Phil
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Ace
No no no no! It's only the fucking insurance companies that have
allowed such a rampant rip-off to happen.
<AOL>
With our old moggies kicking the bucket and us getting two new models
we keep getting asked "do you have insurance" every time we book them
in for stuff like jabs and the like. And then when I reply that we
don't I get the 'this bloke is an axe-murderer' treatment..
One of mine has a wonky tooth and has already previously lost a few
now that she's getting on. The Vet wanted to extract the
aforementioned wonky tooth but when I found out it was going to be
between £250 - £300 I decided it can fall out eventually like the
others.

Vet: "It may cause her distress if you allow it to fall out as and
when"
Boots: <thinks> Not as much as my distress at lobbing 300 sheets at
you.
Ian
steve robinson
2007-08-17 21:11:01 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Ace
[...]
cost me £70 to get the ferrets tooth took out boy was she pissed off
when she came round , the three sharp ones left certainly made a mess
of the vets hand , got her moneys worth , the name should have given
the game away , nipper

Boots
2007-08-18 21:32:12 UTC
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:11:01 GMT in uk.rec.motorcycles, steve robinson
Post by steve robinson
Post by Boots
One of mine has a wonky tooth and has already previously lost a few
now that she's getting on. The Vet wanted to extract the
aforementioned wonky tooth but when I found out it was going to be
between £250 - £300
cost me £70 to get the ferrets tooth took out boy was she pissed off
when she came round ,
That would be the other issue. She sulks for a day or so after the
annual injection and MOT. So she'd have a stop on for a while longer
if she was defanged at the same time.
Ian
steve robinson
2007-08-19 08:33:21 UTC
Post by steve robinson
Post by Boots
One of mine has a wonky tooth and has already previously lost a few
now that she's getting on. The Vet wanted to extract the
aforementioned wonky tooth but when I found out it was going to be
between £250 - £300
cost me £70 to get the ferrets tooth took out boy was she pissed off
when she came round ,
That would be the other issue. She sulks for a day or so after the
annual injection and MOT. So she'd have a stop on for a while longer
if she was defanged at the same time.
Dont all females sulk after the yearly mot feline or otherwise

Ace
2007-08-18 09:07:13 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Ace
No no no no! It's only the fucking insurance companies that have
allowed such a rampant rip-off to happen.
<AOL>
With our old moggies kicking the bucket and us getting two new models
we keep getting asked "do you have insurance" every time we book them
in for stuff like jabs and the like. And then when I reply that we
don't I get the 'this bloke is an axe-murderer' treatment..
One of mine has a wonky tooth and has already previously lost a few
now that she's getting on. The Vet wanted to extract the
aforementioned wonky tooth but when I found out it was going to be
between £250 - £300
For _one_ tooth? This is just plain screwy; they're trying to rip you
off - tell them they're taking the piss and that you'll take your
custom elsewhere.

Last time I had tooth issues with a cat was prolly about ten years
back when one of ours had nearly all of his teeth out - cost a hundred
or so, IIRC, and this was in the UK.
--
_______
`
Boots
2007-08-18 21:30:26 UTC
Post by Ace
The Vet wanted to extract the aforementioned wonky tooth but when
I found out it was going to be between £250 - £300
For _one_ tooth? This is just plain screwy; they're trying to rip you
off -
That's pretty much my conclusion, she has lost three others over the
years and we only noticed one going. None of them seemed to bother her
particularly.
Post by Ace
Last time I had tooth issues with a cat was prolly about ten years
back when one of ours had nearly all of his teeth out - cost a hundred
or so, IIRC, and this was in the UK.
That would seem much more reasonable, not that I want to take all her
teeth out.
Ian
Ace
2007-08-19 08:56:50 UTC
Post by Boots
Post by Ace
The Vet wanted to extract the aforementioned wonky tooth but when
I found out it was going to be between £250 - £300
For _one_ tooth? This is just plain screwy; they're trying to rip you
off -
That's pretty much my conclusion, she has lost three others over the
years and we only noticed one going. None of them seemed to bother her
particularly.
But sometimes they can cause real pain, so I'd probably get it taken
out IIWM, but I'd find a new vet whose charges are not quite so
exhorbitant.
--
_______
`
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-20 09:02:01 UTC
Post by Ace
Post by Boots
That's pretty much my conclusion, she has lost three others over the
years and we only noticed one going. None of them seemed to bother her
particularly.
But sometimes they can cause real pain, so I'd probably get it taken
out IIWM, but I'd find a new vet whose charges are not quite so
exhorbitant.
The dachsund had to have about 5 teeth out recently - when we inherited
her off Cheryls mother she had bad teeth because m-i-l used to give her
sweet stuff all the time (all out other dogs have really good teeth
becuase they are fed on a dry-mix diet with plenty of hard chews to
keep them clean).

Total cost was under GBP200 - and that included the follow-on course of
antibiotics to cope with the small abcess that had formed under one of
the teeth.

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
2007-08-17 07:19:23 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Mini bar, couple of films, bit of company for the night...
Si - XV535
Catman
2007-08-17 07:29:04 UTC
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Mini bar, couple of films, bit of company for the night...
It was the mini-bar that really did it.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Timo Geusch
2007-08-17 07:36:12 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the hell did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Mini bar, couple of films, bit of company for the night...
It was the mini-bar that really did it.
Tell him to use a better class of hotel the next time :)
Catman
2007-08-17 07:45:20 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the hell did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Mini bar, couple of films, bit of company for the night...
It was the mini-bar that really did it.
Tell him to use a better class of hotel the next time :)
And his own bloody credit card as well.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Greybeard
Dialling to many dial-a-wank phone numbers!
Catman
2007-08-17 10:01:27 UTC
Post by Greybeard
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Dialling to many dial-a-wank phone numbers!
Nah, he's been neutered
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 10:46:46 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Greybeard
Dialling to many dial-a-wank phone numbers!
Nah, he's been neutered
Doesn't stop them having a go - our previous tom (neutered at 6 months
old) would treat my feet under the duvet like they were a female cat on
heat..

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
Catman
2007-08-17 11:18:41 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Catman
Post by Greybeard
Dialling to many dial-a-wank phone numbers!
Nah, he's been neutered
Doesn't stop them having a go - our previous tom (neutered at 6 months
old) would treat my feet under the duvet like they were a female cat on
heat..
I've never seen that type of behaviour persist. How long did he do it for?
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 12:27:47 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
Doesn't stop them having a go - our previous tom (neutered at 6 months
old) would treat my feet under the duvet like they were a female cat on
heat..
I've never seen that type of behaviour persist. How long did he do it for?
Up until about 3 months before he died.

It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..

He never used to do the neck-grab part - just the humping action.

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
Catman
2007-08-17 12:57:14 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
Doesn't stop them having a go - our previous tom (neutered at 6 months
old) would treat my feet under the duvet like they were a female cat on
heat..
I've never seen that type of behaviour persist. How long did he do it for?
Up until about 3 months before he died.
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
How strange (at least IME)
Post by Phil Launchbury
He never used to do the neck-grab part - just the humping action.
For which I am sure you were grateful.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 13:13:01 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
How strange (at least IME)
Indeed. I've never seen it in another cat either. Our current new pair
are boringly conventional in that regard. Feegle has just had his
2-half-brick visit to the vets.
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
He never used to do the neck-grab part - just the humping action.
For which I am sure you were grateful.
Well - there was a duvet between me and him. For which I *was*
grateful. Especially since he was a *big* cat. And Feegle looks like
he's going to go that way too..

http://www.launchbury.org.uk/pictures/index.php?spgmGal=Cats&spgmPic=7#spgmPicture

(Feegle on the left, Kelda on the right)

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
Catman
2007-08-17 13:23:57 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
How strange (at least IME)
Indeed. I've never seen it in another cat either. Our current new pair
are boringly conventional in that regard. Feegle has just had his
2-half-brick visit to the vets.
My condolences.
To him, obviously.
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
He never used to do the neck-grab part - just the humping action.
For which I am sure you were grateful.
Well - there was a duvet between me and him. For which I *was*
grateful. Especially since he was a *big* cat. And Feegle looks like
he's going to go that way too..
http://www.launchbury.org.uk/pictures/index.php?spgmGal=Cats&spgmPic=7#spgmPicture
(Feegle on the left, Kelda on the right)
You read too much Pratchett.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 13:57:25 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
http://www.launchbury.org.uk/pictures/index.php?spgmGal=Cats&spgmPic=7#spgmPicture
(Feegle on the left, Kelda on the right)
You read too much Pratchett.
Blame her. It's her naming scheme. I just nod and say 'yes dear'.

Having said that the names do fit - Kelda (despite being 3 months
younger and less than half the size) is starting to dominate him..

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
dog
2007-08-17 13:16:31 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
the progression from one to the other is worrying.

the kneading is a kitten instinct thing, getting the nipple to lactate.
you're my mum! why your cat associated this with sex is disturbing.
--
dog
sl1000 two#5 pwcram#3
Catman
2007-08-17 13:21:44 UTC
Post by dog
Post by Phil Launchbury
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
the progression from one to the other is worrying.
the kneading is a kitten instinct thing, getting the nipple to lactate.
you're my mum! why your cat associated this with sex is disturbing.
Disturbed cat, obviously.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
CT
2007-08-17 13:36:27 UTC
Post by Catman
Disturbed cat, obviously.
Well, it did live with Phil!
Chris
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 14:03:25 UTC
Post by CT
Post by Catman
Disturbed cat, obviously.
Well, it did live with Phil!
Pah. I let him off going to sundayschool after the regrettable incident
with the childrens milk..

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
Bear
2007-08-17 13:36:38 UTC
In article <Ihhxi.231785$***@fe01.news.easynews.com>, Catman
says...
Post by Catman
Post by dog
Post by Phil Launchbury
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
the progression from one to the other is worrying.
the kneading is a kitten instinct thing, getting the nipple to lactate.
you're my mum! why your cat associated this with sex is disturbing.
Disturbed cat, obviously.
The endless exposure to prog rock was what did for his sanity.

Poor cat must have suffered a bit too.
Bear
Catman
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 14:05:06 UTC
Post by Bear
says...
Post by Catman
Disturbed cat, obviously.
The endless exposure to prog rock was what did for his sanity.
Poor cat must have suffered a bit too.
I'll get you all one day. You'll wake up and all your radio will play
is "the best of Pendragon 1985-1997" on infinite repeat..

<Goes away to plot rewenge>

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 14:02:20 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by dog
the progression from one to the other is worrying.
the kneading is a kitten instinct thing, getting the nipple to lactate.
you're my mum! why your cat associated this with sex is disturbing.
Disturbed cat, obviously.
He was an otherwise utterly normal neutered tom. Enjoyed a good fight,
ruled the dogs with a paw of iron (until his later years anyway) and
did everything his sister directed him to do instantly..

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-17 13:59:44 UTC
Post by dog
Post by Phil Launchbury
It was always associated with his 'kneading' behaviour - most cats do
front-feet paddling only but Torr would do all four feet. And then
progress to pelvic thrusts and finally the full monty..
the progression from one to the other is worrying.
It was slightly yes.
Post by dog
the kneading is a kitten instinct thing, getting the nipple to lactate.
Yeah - most of the cats I've had have done it to a greater or lesser
extent (Torrs sister hardly did it at all - ever)
Post by dog
you're my mum! why your cat associated this with sex is disturbing.
Oedipuss complex obviously..

Phil
to juggle mushrooms'
raden
2007-08-17 21:44:49 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Catman
Post by Greybeard
Dialling to many dial-a-wank phone numbers!
Nah, he's been neutered
Doesn't stop them having a go - our previous tom (neutered at 6 months
old) would treat my feet under the duvet like they were a female cat on
heat..
I've never seen that type of behaviour persist. How long did he do it for?
Mine is 11 years old and last year went through a phase of humping furry
toys or, in fact, anything in sight of the right size shape and texture
geoff
Greybeard
2007-08-17 12:06:15 UTC
Post by Catman
Post by Greybeard
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Dialling to many dial-a-wank phone numbers!
Nah, he's been neutered
LOL
--
Greybeard

FLHTCUI UK-07 Mk II (Sold)
Trumpet Trophy 1200-03
Garmin Zumo 550, To get me home!

***@foxtails[dot]co[dot]uk
z***@technologist.com
2007-08-17 23:07:29 UTC
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-20 09:04:30 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Catman
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How the *hell* did your cat manage to run up a bill like that that?
Christ, and I thought I was hard done by at £320 ! 'Specially as he
didn't make it.
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..

I forsee some good flowers out of those beds for a year or two.

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
Ace
2007-08-20 09:37:58 UTC
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:04:30 +0100, Phil Launchbury
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
--
_______
`
Adie
2007-08-20 19:52:10 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
I've had the last few dogs and cats cremated and the ashes move with
me.

Hog
2007-08-20 20:02:41 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be
decaying under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their
last at vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for
burial.
I've had the last few dogs and cats cremated and the ashes move with
me.
You are a very special person!
--
Hog
'03 ST4S '96 Bastard12 '89 R100RS '81 XS650 '78 RD400
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2007-08-20 20:07:34 UTC
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Adie
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
I've had the last few dogs and cats cremated and the ashes move with
me.
Yebbut, getting Andy to do the job with an oxy-torch is cheating.
--
Wicked Uncle Nigel - "He's hopeless, but he's honest"

WS* GHPOTHUF#24 APOSTLE#14 DLC#1 COFF#20 BOTAFOT#150 HYPO#0(KoTL) IbW#41
SBS#39 OMF#6 Enfield 500 Curry House Racer "The Basmati Rice Burner",
Honda GL1000K2 (Fallen apart) Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager "Oh, Oh, It's so big"
Suzuki TS250 "The Africa Single" Honda ST1100 wiv trailer Norton 850 Commando
Kawasaki GTR1400
Adie
2007-08-20 20:29:10 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
I've had the last few dogs and cats cremated and the ashes move with
me.
Yebbut, getting Andy to do the job with an oxy-torch is cheating.
how much are new laptop keyboards?

this one appears to be covered in a FAB lolly.

steve auvache
2007-08-20 20:09:46 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
I've had the last few dogs and cats cremated and the ashes move with
me.
Sad cnut that I am, The Mother Of Them All resides in my wardrobe in the
box she arrived in by first class mail from the crematorium. I can't
really be arsed to part with her and the kids have sort of accepted that
we shall be scattered to the winds together.
--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features
Pip Luscher
2007-08-20 20:46:27 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
I left my one and only cat at a vet's and regret not taking her body
away for burial in the garden. I found her favourite catnip toy and
couldn't bin it for years. Daft, really. For a year or two afterwards
I would occasionally think I'd seen her slip into the room, out of the
corner of my eye.
-Pip
Ace
2007-08-20 21:23:52 UTC
Post by Phil Launchbury
"Do you want his ashes"
"Err, no thanks" :)
Our two ex-moggies are buried under one of the flower-beds in the
garden. Cheryl wanted to do it so (like a true gentleman) I let her do
the digging..
One of ours who died at home is buried, one is presumed to be decaying
under a hedge somewhere, but all the others have seen their last at
vets and I've never felt inclined to bring the body home for burial.
I left my one and only cat at a vet's and regret not taking her body
away for burial in the garden. I found her favourite catnip toy and
couldn't bin it for years. Daft, really. For a year or two afterwards
I would occasionally think I'd seen her slip into the room, out of the
corner of my eye.
I keep expecting Barty to be in one of his favourite places, as I have
with all the cats I've lost over the years[1] but it's a feeling that
fades over time.

[1] Just added them up, comes to a total of 10 since I was first
married and took the two from my family home back in 1983, which has
made me come over all sad.
--
_______
`
Owen
2007-08-21 21:05:14 UTC
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:46:27 GMT, Pip Luscher
<***@spammers.foad.ntlworld.com> wrote:

snip
Post by Pip Luscher
I left my one and only cat at a vet's and regret not taking her body
away for burial in the garden.
When Sooty's time was coming up we both agread that the vet would be
too traumatic for him... So I put Sooty down with some chloroform
soaked tissues in a beer-bin... Just lowered him in, he settled down
and went off to sleep, So calm and pain free, it was the kindest thing
I could do for him... Many a teer was shed...

snip
Post by Pip Luscher
For a year or two afterwards I would occasionally think I'd seen her slip into the room, out of the
corner of my eye.
Marina and I got that... You'd look 'round at the fleeting glimpse
only to find that he wasn't there... S'funny thing, you got me all
wistful now...

Life... mostly works...
Phil Launchbury
2007-08-22 09:11:19 UTC
Post by Owen
too traumatic for him... So I put Sooty down with some chloroform
soaked tissues in a beer-bin... Just lowered him in, he settled down
Chloroform is not something many people have to hand..

Phil.
to juggle mushrooms'
MikeH
2007-08-22 09:26:26 UTC
www.speed-dating-supplies.co.uk
Mike H
Owen
2007-08-22 20:50:15 UTC
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:11:19 +0100, Phil Launchbury
Post by Phil Launchbury
Post by Owen
too traumatic for him... So I put Sooty down with some chloroform
soaked tissues in a beer-bin... Just lowered him in, he settled down
Chloroform is not something many people have to hand..
Phil.
Quite... What I did (alegedly) would have been completely illegal,
but, had I known someone who was a proffessional model-maker and
worked with plastics, would have been easy to obtain, had said person
been willing to break the law...

Which would have been 5 or more yrs ago now... I'm not worried...
prove it in a court of law, if anyone can be bothered...

It was perhaps the most humane thing I have done for an animal,
allegedly...

Like many things in life, it's not what you know, as who you know....

Life... mostly works...
Pip Luscher
2007-08-22 21:19:00 UTC
Post by Owen
Like many things in life, it's not what you know, as who you know....
I heard that it's not what you know, or even who you know, but what
you know *about* who you know.
-Pip
Owen
2007-08-23 22:58:01 UTC
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:19:00 +0100, Pip Luscher
Post by Pip Luscher
Post by Owen
Like many things in life, it's not what you know, as who you know....
I heard that it's not what you know, or even who you know, but what
you know *about* who you know.
I know...

Life... mostly works...
Des
2007-08-22 22:51:03 UTC
Post by Owen
Like many things in life, it's not what you know, as who you know....
Or who you're not ...

D.
des | 'trop d'la balle, j'kiffe grave!'
Champ
2007-08-17 07:11:39 UTC
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:29:19 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
Jesus.

The phrase "beyond economical repair" springs to mind...
--
Champ

ZX10R | GPz750turbo | GSX-R 600 racer
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
To email me, neal at my domain should work.
Catman
2007-08-17 07:24:42 UTC
Post by Champ
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:29:19 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
Jesus.
The phrase "beyond economical repair" springs to mind...
Yes. Very nearly. It's actually going to be cheaper to double glaze oru
fucking house.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Bear
2007-08-17 07:32:18 UTC
Post by Champ
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:29:19 GMT, Catman
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
Jesus.
The phrase "beyond economical repair" springs to mind...
Break it for spares.
Bear
TMack
2007-08-17 10:30:38 UTC
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How fucking much??? No wonder your name is Catman.
--
Tony
'04 XL1200C, '95 LS650
OMF#24
Bear
2007-08-17 10:46:26 UTC
Post by TMack
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How fucking much??? No wonder your name is Catman.
Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-CAT-MAN!!

oh ... hang on ... that's not right ...
Bear
Catman
2007-08-17 10:50:50 UTC
Post by TMack
Post by Catman
<snip>
t? Drips, x-ray, overnight stay, pro-kolin,
Post by Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot
antibiotics just in case, wormer... ker-CHING!!
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
How fucking much??? No wonder your name is Catman.
Very nearly catlessman.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Grimly Curmudgeon
2007-08-17 23:54:40 UTC
drugs began to take hold. I remember Catman
Post by Catman
<waves £4200 bill for cat....>
A final injection is cheaper. I like my moggy, but it's only a pet.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

Teach a man to fish and he and his pikey mates will have the
river cleaned out in a day.
DR
2007-08-16 23:25:58 UTC
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:30:14 +0100, "Kevin Stone"
Post by Kevin Stone
Hi,
Dog [1] has started being sick in the last 24 hours, only a few times, but
seems able to keep food down, but it sick as soon as she drinks.
I wish I could help you. I really do. However, I just wanted to say
you have to be the absolute master of asking OT questions. Just an
observation on my part. Get thee to a vet, ASAP; it's what they're
there for. If you don't want to pay vet bills, don't keep a dog - I
speak as the part-owner of a 14-yo Parson Russell.
--
Darren
GSF1200N K3
Kevin Stone
2007-08-17 08:56:54 UTC
Post by DR
However, I just wanted to say
you have to be the absolute master of asking OT questions.
There are lots of things I don't know!

You're all like friends to me, helping me through this life, teaching me
things to make me a better person. And I thank you all.
Kev
vulgarandmischevious
2007-08-17 04:03:01 UTC
Post by Kevin Stone
Any ideas?
Hit it with a brick.
vulgarandmischevious, PMP
Krusty
2007-08-17 05:37:59 UTC
Post by vulgarandmischevious
Post by Kevin Stone
Any ideas?
Hit it with a brick.
He said a *dog*, not a *des*.
--
Krusty
www.MuddyStuff.co.uk

'02 MV Senna '03 Tigtona 955i '96 Tiger '79 Fantic Hiro 250
Kevin Stone
2007-08-17 22:22:07 UTC
Post by Kevin Stone
Dog [1] has started being sick in the last 24 hours, only a few times, but
seems able to keep food down, but it sick as soon as she drinks.
Visited the vets this morning, looks like Gastroenteritis, quite mild
though, as we've seen it really bad before. £65 lighter now [1].

[1] two jabs, some stuff and some nice food.
Kev
David Thomas
2007-08-18 08:02:21 UTC
Post by Kevin Stone
Post by Kevin Stone
Dog [1] has started being sick in the last 24 hours, only a few times, but
seems able to keep food down, but it sick as soon as she drinks.
Visited the vets this morning, looks like Gastroenteritis, quite mild
though, as we've seen it really bad before. £65 lighter now [1].
[1] two jabs, some stuff and some nice food.
--
Kev
Glad it wasn't another sock, hope he/she is soon well enough to bite the
postman.

Oh and next time post update sooner, it's been a very harrowing day waiting
for news.

David