OT : Harrumph... still in the office....
Brownz @ Work
2007-12-21 15:37:45 UTC
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.

Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.

Huzzah....

So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to cook
brussel sprouts then ?

;-)
--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/
ginge
2007-12-21 15:41:41 UTC
In article <fkgml8$u0n$***@newsfeed.th.ifl.net>, ***@microsoft.com
says...
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?

We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2007-12-21 15:43:21 UTC
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, ginge
Post by ginge
says...
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
We're being given Monday as a free day, but we've got to stay until the
death tonight. Apparently we're having mince pies at 17:15...
--
Wicked Uncle Nigel - "He's hopeless, but he's honest"

WS* GHPOTHUF#24 APOSTLE#14 DLC#1 COFF#20 BOTAFOT#150 HYPO#0(KoTL) IbW#41
SBS#39 OMF#6 Enfield 500 Curry House Racer "The Basmati Rice Burner",
Honda GL1000K2 (Fallen apart) Suzuki TS250 "The Africa Single"
Norton 850 Commando Kawasaki GTR1400
christofire
2007-12-21 16:16:22 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
We're being given Monday as a free day, but we've got to stay until
the death tonight. Apparently we're having mince pies at 17:15...
We[1] are having a bring-sprogs-to-work day on Monday, with Santa, Wii
and DVDs.

Luckily, I booked the rest of the month off from today (which was well
spent snowboarding).

[1] not including me
Christofire DIAABTCOD#1 DS#9 ZX-10R
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2007-12-21 16:20:21 UTC
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, christofire
Post by ginge
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
We're being given Monday as a free day, but we've got to stay until
the death tonight. Apparently we're having mince pies at 17:15...
We[1] are having a bring-sprogs-to-work day on Monday, with Santa, Wii
and DVDs.
<shudder> Kids at Xmas, whatever next? They'll be trying to drag
religion into it before we know what's what.
Post by christofire
Luckily, I booked the rest of the month off from today (which was well
spent snowboarding).
Good call.

Timo Geusch
2007-12-21 20:23:23 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
We're being given Monday as a free day, but we've got to stay until
the death tonight. Apparently we're having mince pies at 17:15...
We[1] are having a bring-sprogs-to-work day on Monday, with Santa, Wii
and DVDs.
<shudder> Kids at Xmas, whatever next? They'll be trying to drag
religion into it before we know what's what.
Indeed. At least I'll have to get some decent lunch, on account of the
restaurant being closed for the children's party.
--
Morini Corsaro 125 | CB450K4 | XL250 Motosport | 900SSD | R1150RT
Laverda SF2 | Harley FXD BOTAFOF #33 TWA#10
"Je profite du paysage" - Joe Bar
darsy
2007-12-21 23:03:10 UTC
Post by ginge
says...
 .... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
*dong*

we're allowed out "early" at 14:00 on Monday.

d.
Timo Geusch
2007-12-22 08:35:04 UTC
Post by darsy
Post by ginge
says...
 .... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
*dong*
we're allowed out "early" at 14:00 on Monday.
Same here, seems like the average leaving time in the City.
Cab
2007-12-22 10:42:21 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by darsy
Post by ginge
 .... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
dong
we're allowed out "early" at 14:00 on Monday.
Same here, seems like the average leaving time in the City.
I think Paris is already closed. Judging by the amount of traffic on
the roads last night.
--
Cab :^) - I'm dyslex-spic apparently
Hah-hah! -> TDR 125
email addy : ukrm_dot_cab_at_rosbif_dot_org
Timo Geusch
2007-12-22 11:07:25 UTC
Post by Cab
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by darsy
Post by ginge
 .... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
dong
we're allowed out "early" at 14:00 on Monday.
Same here, seems like the average leaving time in the City.
I think Paris is already closed. Judging by the amount of traffic on
the roads last night.
Well, there do seem to be fewer people working at the moment and
Monday's likely to be presenting a very empty London. Nevertheless a
few people are still working...
Des
2007-12-22 17:30:49 UTC
Post by Cab
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by darsy
Post by ginge
 .... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Early?
We're being allowed off early.. Monday lunch time!
dong
we're allowed out "early" at 14:00 on Monday.
Same here, seems like the average leaving time in the City.
I think Paris is already closed. Judging by the amount of traffic on
the roads last night.
If you were a pikey like me and had to take public transport, you'd see the
throngs of people rushing through the main 'hubs' on the RER (Châtelet,
Gare de Lyon, La Défense..), laden down with suitcases and brats in tow.

All these goyim heading off to the country, leaving Paris delightfully
deserted for the likes of us.

SO and I might head down to her parents' place in Burgandy for the civil
New Year, and our classes ended on Friday, so we're off for two whole
weeks. Bliss ...

D.
--
des
French Biking Vocabulary: http://minilien.fr/a0kg0p

'Kaiser: "Can you prove to me the existence of G-d?"
Bismarck: "The Jews, your Majesty. The Jews"'
Andy Bonwick
2007-12-22 19:52:12 UTC
Post by Des
All these goyim heading off to the country, leaving Paris delightfully
deserted for the likes of us.
I wonder if they'd be happy to be referred to as goyim?

"Goy" [plural: goyim, adjective: goyishe] is the standard Hebrew term
for non-Jew. Literally it is the Hebrew for "nation." Spoken aloud
with a disgusted inflection, it's pejorative. So is the word 'Jew' in
similar circumstances. Better to say "gentile" or "non-Jew" when
writing in English for a multi religious audience, such as SCJ. In
general, the use of judgemental or pejorative terms, even if no
offense is intended, should be avoided. They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation. True conversation comes from
being factual and appropriately neutral.
steve auvache
2007-12-22 20:03:03 UTC
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features
Andy Bonwick
2007-12-22 20:11:13 UTC
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:03:03 +0000, steve auvache
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
Des
2007-12-22 20:20:58 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
The word 'goy' is not an insult.

HTH.

D.

Beav
2007-12-22 23:03:38 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
The word 'goy' is not an insult.
Not as insulting as "Gentile" I grant you.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
The Older Gentleman
2007-12-23 09:45:57 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
The word 'goy' is not an insult.
Not as insulting as "Gentile" I grant you.
Depends on whether the people it's aimed at get insult or not.

For one African to cal another 'niggah' is frequently not taken as an
insult. If you or I did it, it probably would be.

The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before, but of course it doesn't apply that fact
to itself.
--
K1100LT 750SS CB400F CD250 SL125
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
Des
2007-12-23 10:38:49 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by Andy Bonwick
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:03:03 +0000, steve auvache
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he
thinks are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
The word 'goy' is not an insult.
Not as insulting as "Gentile" I grant you.
Depends on whether the people it's aimed at get insult or not.
For one African to cal another 'niggah' is frequently not taken as an
insult. If you or I did it, it probably would be.
Lemme see if I have this right ... you're equating 'nigger' with 'goy'?
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it and Andy googled for it, then that's not my problem.
Post by The Older Gentleman
but of course it doesn't apply that fact to itself.
Curious. Is there a reason why you refer to another human being as 'it'?

D.

Beav
2007-12-24 12:17:55 UTC
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by Andy Bonwick
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:03:03 +0000, steve auvache
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Post by The Older Gentleman
but of course it doesn't apply that fact to itself.
Curious. Is there a reason why you refer to another human being as 'it'?
It was a lovely insult.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
The Older Gentleman
2007-12-24 12:28:44 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Des
2007-12-24 18:21:00 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.

D.

Beav
2007-12-27 01:55:04 UTC
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention and in the "goyim" case, it was plain
enough for even a blind man on a galloping horse in the fog to see.

[1] That'd be you.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Des
2007-12-27 07:52:23 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention
Well, quite, but that wasn't the case when I used the word 'goyim'. It was
no more intended to be 'insulting' than if I'd said <fx: looks around
desk>, 'all these scissors ..' or, 'all these USB keys', or, 'all these
cups of coffee...'
Post by Beav
and in the "goyim" case, it was plain enough for even a blind man on a
galloping horse in the fog to see.
What does that make you, then? There was no insult intended. If you (and
TOG) knew what the word 'goy' meant, you'd understand that.

D.

Beav
2007-12-29 20:24:42 UTC
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention
Well, quite, but that wasn't the case when I used the word 'goyim'. It was
no more intended to be 'insulting' than if I'd said <fx: looks around
desk>, 'all these scissors ..' or, 'all these USB keys', or, 'all these
cups of coffee...'
Well Des, I have to say it didn't read like that.
Post by Des
Post by Beav
and in the "goyim" case, it was plain enough for even a blind man on a
galloping horse in the fog to see.
What does that make you, then?
Makes me a horseman of course.
Post by Des
There was no insult intended.
So you keep on saying, but that doesn't necesarrily make it true does it?
And as I said, it didn't read like there was no insult intended.
Post by Des
If you (and
TOG) knew what the word 'goy' meant, you'd understand that.
We also know that aa cunt is a nice warm welcoming thing, yet you seem to
take umbrage when someone equates you with one. Why's that then? Obviously
it's never intended as an insult.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Des
2007-12-29 21:01:11 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by Beav
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention
Well, quite, but that wasn't the case when I used the word 'goyim'. It
was no more intended to be 'insulting' than if I'd said <fx: looks
around desk>, 'all these scissors ..' or, 'all these USB keys', or, 'all
these cups of coffee...'
Well Des, I have to say it didn't read like that.
As will have become obvious over the course of time, I do not concern
myself with how my words 'read'.
Post by Beav
Post by Des
There was no insult intended.
So you keep on saying, but that doesn't necesarrily make it true does it?
And as I said, it didn't read like there was no insult intended.
I lunched with an old friend on Thursday (his company picked up the tab,
which was nice) in the Marais (the Jewish quarter of Paris). He was my
boss in one of the companies where I was what you'd probably call 'EKS',
and he's French but spent a good number of years living in Aberdeen as his
father was in the oil industry (you haven't lived until you've heard a
French bloke try to say, 'fit leich!'). He'd never tasted falafel and I
fancied a 'schawarma' (a meat and pita dish much like Turkish 'kebabs' but
without human waste material included and of course, 100% kosher), so we
had a couple of 'mixtes', washed down with (frankly quite mediocre)
'Maccabee' Israeli beer [1]. My friend is a baptised Catholic and so was
looking a bit uncomfortable to see me with the kippa on, and praying in
Hebrew before eating, but at the end of the meal, he suggested a coffee and
ordered two 'noisettes' which is a (mainly) Parisian type of espresso with
a drop of milk in it. I told him I couldn't drink it with the milk in, as
I'd just eaten meat. He looked puzzled. I laughed and said, 'espèce de
goy..' which would perhaps best be translated into English as, 'fucking
goy...'

Did he gets upset or offended? No, he laughed along with me.
Post by Beav
Post by Des
If you (and TOG) knew what the word 'goy' meant, you'd understand that.
We also know that aa cunt is a nice warm welcoming thing, yet you seem to
take umbrage when someone equates you with one. Why's that then?
Obviously it's never intended as an insult.
This is your error. I do not 'take umbrage' at any personal attack aimed
at me, as long as those attacks are not unlawful (like the use of
anti-Semitic rhetoric would be, for example, if the post originated in
France). So getting called a cunt is like water off a duck's back to me.
Indeed, if you recall (if you were posting then) just after the TOG run to
Dunkirk, a few months before Bullshit Bear decided that no one on the
newsgroup should like me, I took the liberty of adding 'CUNT#1' to my .sig.
Naturally enough, I did so without prior Clique approval and so it never
caught on, but the fact is that I probably am a bit of a 'cunt', for I'm
not very patient with idiots or fools which in the case of UKRM, means I
have problems with upwards of 99.5% of the group.

D.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabee_(beer)

Beav
2007-12-30 14:46:39 UTC
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by Beav
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention
Well, quite, but that wasn't the case when I used the word 'goyim'. It
was no more intended to be 'insulting' than if I'd said <fx: looks
around desk>, 'all these scissors ..' or, 'all these USB keys', or, 'all
these cups of coffee...'
Well Des, I have to say it didn't read like that.
As will have become obvious over the course of time, I do not concern
myself with how my words 'read'.
Which is probably why you're vilified so much. You write one thing, mean
another and then whinge about anti-jew comments that aren't there.
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
There was no insult intended.
So you keep on saying, but that doesn't necesarrily make it true does it?
And as I said, it didn't read like there was no insult intended.
I lunched with an old friend on Thursday (his company picked up the tab,
which was nice)
But not all that interesting.
Post by Des
in the Marais (the Jewish quarter of Paris).
Well where else?
Post by Des
He was my
boss in one of the companies where I was what you'd probably call 'EKS',
and he's French but spent a good number of years living in Aberdeen as his
father was in the oil industry (you haven't lived until you've heard a
French bloke try to say, 'fit leich!').
And you've not lived 'til you've heard a Swedish burd say "Enough".
Post by Des
He'd never tasted falafel and I
fancied a 'schawarma' (a meat and pita dish much like Turkish 'kebabs' but
without human waste material included and of course, 100% kosher),
Ahh. killed on the vine then. Very humanitarian I must say.
Post by Des
so we
had a couple of 'mixtes', washed down with (frankly quite mediocre)
'Maccabee' Israeli beer [1].
I'm tee-total, so more uninteresting stuff.
Post by Des
My friend is a baptised Catholic and so was
looking a bit uncomfortable to see me with the kippa on, and praying in
Hebrew before eating, but at the end of the meal,
Actually Des, I don't believe that for one second. Catholics really don't
care if someone's praying OR wearing a tea cosy. Only people who are
embarrased by what they do themselves think that it either offends, disgusts
or makes other "uncomfortable". It doesn't.
Post by Des
he suggested a coffee and
ordered two 'noisettes' which is a (mainly) Parisian type of espresso with
a drop of milk in it.
Yeah, yeah and after the cultural lesson, what next?
Post by Des
I told him I couldn't drink it with the milk in, as
I'd just eaten meat. He looked puzzled. I laughed and said, 'espèce de
goy..' which would perhaps best be translated into English as, 'fucking
goy...'
But not, of course, meant as an insult. I bit like me calling one of my pals
a thick cunt. But your point is? Ahh, let me guess. It wouldn't be that your
friend didn't take it as an insult by any chance? A lot like any of the
regulars on here wouldn't take offence if I called them thick cunts really.
In this sense (as in your current one) it's a fucking compliment, but your
original use of the term "goyim" certainly was NOT.
Post by Des
Did he gets upset or offended? No, he laughed along with me.
Fuck me, I really AM Sherlock fucking Holmes. I was absolutely spot on. Of
course, you'll think/say I read this line before I typed my response, but
you couldn't be more wrong. "Transparent" is the word I'd use to describe
you and that's probably an insult.
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
If you (and TOG) knew what the word 'goy' meant, you'd understand that.
We also know that aa cunt is a nice warm welcoming thing, yet you seem to
take umbrage when someone equates you with one. Why's that then?
Obviously it's never intended as an insult.
This is your error. I do not 'take umbrage' at any personal attack aimed
at me, as long as those attacks are not unlawful (like the use of
anti-Semitic rhetoric would be, for example, if the post originated in
France).
If I were you Des, I'd pack in this "being jewish" thing. It's not doing you
any good.
Post by Des
So getting called a cunt is like water off a duck's back to me.
Indeed, if you recall (if you were posting then) just after the TOG run to
Dunkirk, a few months before Bullshit Bear decided that no one on the
newsgroup should like me, I took the liberty of adding 'CUNT#1' to my .sig.
I wasn't posting or lurking then, but I do get the feeling that whatever it
is you've done to provoke the responses you get are more down to you than to
one bloke deciding that no one should like you. Bear has me killfiled so he
probably doesn't like me either, but it's hardly anything to worry (or even
think) about, is it?
Post by Des
Naturally enough, I did so without prior Clique approval and so it never
caught on, but the fact is that I probably am a bit of a 'cunt', for I'm
not very patient with idiots or fools which in the case of UKRM, means I
have problems with upwards of 99.5% of the group.
Which begs the question "Why bother posting and reading here"?
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Des
2007-12-30 15:04:53 UTC
Where should I start ..?
Post by Beav
Post by Des
As will have become obvious over the course of time, I do not concern
myself with how my words 'read'.
Which is probably why you're vilified so much. You write one thing, mean
another and then whinge about anti-jew comments that aren't there.
No, I write one thing, mean exactly what I say, and only complain about
'Kike' or 'Yid' and such words.
Post by Beav
Post by Des
My friend is a baptised Catholic and so was looking a bit uncomfortable
to see me with the kippa on, and praying in Hebrew before eating, but
at the end of the meal,
Actually Des, I don't believe that for one second. Catholics really don't
care if someone's praying OR wearing a tea cosy.
You must have very little experience of religion. Next time in Paris, go
to the Marais, and watch the British and American tourists (most of whom
will, I imagine, be nominally 'Christian') stopping, staring and pointing
at the Jewish people walking around with kippoth on their heads.
Post by Beav
Post by Des
I told him I couldn't drink it with the milk in, as I'd just eaten
meat. He looked puzzled. I laughed and said, 'espèce de goy..' which
would perhaps best be translated into English as, 'fucking goy...'
But not, of course, meant as an insult. I bit like me calling one of my
pals a thick cunt. But your point is? Ahh, let me guess. It wouldn't be
that your friend didn't take it as an insult by any chance? A lot like
any of the regulars on here wouldn't take offence if I called them thick
cunts really. In this sense (as in your current one) it's a fucking
compliment, but your original use of the term "goyim" certainly was NOT.
You are not qualified to know what I meant. It is not an insult.
Post by Beav
Post by Des
This is your error. I do not 'take umbrage' at any personal attack
aimed at me, as long as those attacks are not unlawful (like the use of
anti-Semitic rhetoric would be, for example, if the post originated in
France).
If I were you Des, I'd pack in this "being jewish" thing. It's not doing
you any good.
Heh ... TOG'll love you for that one. 'wonder if my post will appear
before his...
Post by Beav
Post by Des
So getting called a cunt is like water off a duck's back to me.
Indeed, if you recall (if you were posting then) just after the TOG run
to Dunkirk, a few months before Bullshit Bear decided that no one on
the newsgroup should like me, I took the liberty of adding 'CUNT#1' to
my .sig.
I wasn't posting or lurking then, but I do get the feeling that whatever
it is you've done to provoke the responses you get are more down to you
than to one bloke deciding that no one should like you. Bear has me
killfiled so he probably doesn't like me either, but it's hardly anything
to worry (or even think) about, is it?
I don't 'worry' about it.
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Naturally enough, I did so without prior Clique approval and so it never
caught on, but the fact is that I probably am a bit of a 'cunt', for I'm
not very patient with idiots or fools which in the case of UKRM, means I
have problems with upwards of 99.5% of the group.
Which begs the question "Why bother posting and reading here"?
Whatever other faults I have, I can't bear idiots and hypocrites, and UKRM
is full to the fuckin' gunwhales with both.

HTH.

D.

Beav
2007-12-31 23:00:39 UTC
Post by Des
Where should I start ..?
Post by Beav
Post by Des
As will have become obvious over the course of time, I do not concern
myself with how my words 'read'.
Which is probably why you're vilified so much. You write one thing, mean
another and then whinge about anti-jew comments that aren't there.
No, I write one thing, mean exactly what I say,
But write it so well, people misunderstand what you meant? Is that about it?
Post by Des
and only complain about
'Kike' or 'Yid' and such words.
"Yid"? How's that a "bad" word? It's short for Yiddish (unless I'm very much
mistaken) so if "Yid" causes offence, maybe we "Brit's" should be offended
when we see *that* (Brit) word?
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
My friend is a baptised Catholic and so was looking a bit uncomfortable
to see me with the kippa on, and praying in Hebrew before eating, but
at the end of the meal,
Actually Des, I don't believe that for one second. Catholics really don't
care if someone's praying OR wearing a tea cosy.
You must have very little experience of religion.
Strangely, I dont. I was brought up in a very christian environment
including a church school and Sunday school to boot and my father would've
shit bricks if he EVER heard anyone take the name of the Lord in vain. Then
he'd twat whoever did it.
Post by Des
Next time in Paris,
What makes you think I'm EVER going back to that shithole?
Post by Des
go
to the Marais, and watch the British and American tourists (most of whom
will, I imagine, be nominally 'Christian')
But not Catholics I see.
Post by Des
stopping, staring and pointing
at the Jewish people walking around with kippoth on their heads.
Oh yeah, that's right, there's NO fucking jews in America so the mere sight
of one wearing a tea cosy is SURE to cause an attack of the vapour in your
average Yank causing them to stop and point. You really DO live in
Desneyland.
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
I told him I couldn't drink it with the milk in, as I'd just eaten
meat. He looked puzzled. I laughed and said, 'espèce de goy..' which
would perhaps best be translated into English as, 'fucking goy...'
But not, of course, meant as an insult. I bit like me calling one of my
pals a thick cunt. But your point is? Ahh, let me guess. It wouldn't be
that your friend didn't take it as an insult by any chance? A lot like
any of the regulars on here wouldn't take offence if I called them thick
cunts really. In this sense (as in your current one) it's a fucking
compliment, but your original use of the term "goyim" certainly was NOT.
You are not qualified to know what I meant.
I'm qualified to read what you wrote and the message was as plain as the
nose on your face.
Post by Des
It is not an insult.
Yes it was and you know it. If you REALLY didn't think it was an insult,
you'd have dropped this thread like a hot fucking spud.
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
This is your error. I do not 'take umbrage' at any personal attack
aimed at me, as long as those attacks are not unlawful (like the use of
anti-Semitic rhetoric would be, for example, if the post originated in
France).
If I were you Des, I'd pack in this "being jewish" thing. It's not doing
you any good.
Heh ... TOG'll love you for that one.
I'll be sure to faint in excitement.
Post by Des
'wonder if my post will appear
before his...
Who says he's going to post?
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
So getting called a cunt is like water off a duck's back to me.
Indeed, if you recall (if you were posting then) just after the TOG run
to Dunkirk, a few months before Bullshit Bear decided that no one on
the newsgroup should like me, I took the liberty of adding 'CUNT#1' to
my .sig.
I wasn't posting or lurking then, but I do get the feeling that whatever
it is you've done to provoke the responses you get are more down to you
than to one bloke deciding that no one should like you. Bear has me
killfiled so he probably doesn't like me either, but it's hardly anything
to worry (or even think) about, is it?
I don't 'worry' about it.
It obviously irks you somewhat.
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Naturally enough, I did so without prior Clique approval and so it never
caught on, but the fact is that I probably am a bit of a 'cunt', for I'm
not very patient with idiots or fools which in the case of UKRM, means I
have problems with upwards of 99.5% of the group.
Which begs the question "Why bother posting and reading here"?
Whatever other faults I have, I can't bear idiots and hypocrites, and UKRM
is full to the fuckin' gunwhales with both.
So why not simply subscribe to alt.mensa.cunts and have done with it?
Post by Des
HTH.
Not particularly, no.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Des
2007-12-31 23:12:34 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
and only complain about
'Kike' or 'Yid' and such words.
"Yid"? How's that a "bad" word? It's short for Yiddish (unless I'm very much
mistaken) so if "Yid" causes offence, maybe we "Brit's" should be offended
when we see *that* (Brit) word?
http://coughlan.fr/yid.pdf
Post by Beav
Post by Des
It is not an insult.
Yes it was and you know it
You do not know what I know.

{ snip }

D.

Beav
2008-01-04 13:02:57 UTC
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
and only complain about
'Kike' or 'Yid' and such words.
"Yid"? How's that a "bad" word? It's short for Yiddish (unless I'm very much
mistaken) so if "Yid" causes offence, maybe we "Brit's" should be offended
when we see *that* (Brit) word?
http://coughlan.fr/yid.pdf
Post by Beav
Post by Des
It is not an insult.
Yes it was and you know it
You do not know what I know.
You only think I don't know what you know, but I know better, y'know.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Charlie
2008-01-04 19:21:11 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by Beav
Post by Des
It is not an insult.
Yes it was and you know it
You do not know what I know.
You only think I don't know what you know, but I know better, y'know.
Well, I know that the Jewish dating site www.yid.com doesn't seem to think
it's an insulting term, although that could admittedly be along the
hypocritical lines of "only a nigger can call another nigger 'nigger'
without niggers taking the use of the word 'nigger' by a non-nigger as being
an insult to all niggers.

According to the far-from-authoritative Wikipedia, the key's in the
pronunciation. Pronounced "yeed", which is the way that it is universally
pronounced on ukrm, it is quite acceptable. Pronounced "yid", in the
coarse and ignorant fashion that we intelligent and unfailingly sensitive
people would never condone, it "can generally be perceived as a pejorative -
and is used as a derogatory epithet by antisemites."
The Older Gentleman
2008-01-04 19:31:08 UTC
Post by Charlie
Pronounced "yeed", which is the way that it is universally
pronounced on ukrm, it is quite acceptable. Pronounced "yid", in the
coarse and ignorant fashion that we intelligent and unfailingly sensitive
people would never condone, it "can generally be perceived as a pejorative -
and is used as a derogatory epithet by antisemites."
And as one cannot deduce pronunciation, we must naturally assume that we
all do the right thing, as you infer.

(Or we could just use the term "front-wheel")
Andy Bonwick
2007-12-27 09:58:13 UTC
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:55:04 GMT, "Beav"
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention and in the "goyim" case, it was plain
enough for even a blind man on a galloping horse in the fog to see.
This discussion wouldn't be taking place if Des hadn't suddenly
decided to claim he was Jewish. Using the word Goyim is all part of
the act as far as he's concerned and if it was his 'natural' way of
describing non-jews he'd be able to quote posts from 5 or more years
ago where he used the word.

The man's a fucking liar. It's been proven before and it'll be proven
again that he lies for a hobby.
Des
2007-12-27 10:07:12 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention and in the "goyim" case, it was plain
enough for even a blind man on a galloping horse in the fog to see.
This discussion wouldn't be taking place if Des hadn't suddenly
decided to claim he was Jewish.
Des didn't 'suddenly decide to claim he was Jewish', you stupid cunt.
Post by Andy Bonwick
Using the word Goyim is all part of the act as far as he's concerned and
if it was his 'natural' way of describing non-jews he'd be able to quote
posts from 5 or more years ago where he used the word.
Want me to type this slowly, so that you'll get the picture? My religion
has been known on AADP for the past thirteen years or more. Not until
'Eiron' decided to get into some stalking, did it become an issue on UKRM.
You can find hundreds of posts on AADP, going back to maybe 1999 or 2000,
where I used Hebrew words or expressions on that group.
Post by Andy Bonwick
The man's a fucking liar. It's been proven before and it'll be proven
again that he lies for a hobby.
At least 'lying' can be cured. Your stupidity looks set to be with you
until you die.

I know which one I'd prefer.

D.

Andy Bonwick
2007-12-27 10:14:29 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Beav
Post by Des
Post by The Older Gentleman
The fact that insults are perceived as such by the recipients has been
mentioned by the iKike before,
If you feel insulted by a word that you didn't even know existed until
I used it
I seriously doubt *that*
Oh, lovely. You are, of course, correct.
Riiiight. You knew it so well that you believed (and probably still do)
that it was an 'insult', when it is no such thing.
As someone pointed out not so long ago, [1] ANY word can be used as an
insult if that was the intention and in the "goyim" case, it was plain
enough for even a blind man on a galloping horse in the fog to see.
This discussion wouldn't be taking place if Des hadn't suddenly
decided to claim he was Jewish.
snip>
Post by Andy Bonwick
The man's a fucking liar. It's been proven before and it'll be proven
again that he lies for a hobby.
snip>

Well, he ranted a bit and called me a cunt but he didn't actually show
where he'd been using the word Goyim for years.
Eiron
2007-12-27 10:24:50 UTC
Post by Des
Want me to type this slowly, so that you'll get the picture? My religion
has been known on AADP for the past thirteen years or more. Not until
'Eiron' decided to get into some stalking, did it become an issue on UKRM.
You can find hundreds of posts on AADP, going back to maybe 1999 or 2000,
where I used Hebrew words or expressions on that group.
As I've shown before, it was known on UKRM several years ago and you
posted hundreds of links to http://coughlan.fr , which had your Jewish
front page. So you weren't exactly hiding it.
Did you really expect that when you posted something like
look at http://coughlan.fr ?

And it's Eiron, not 'Eiron'. I'm proud of that name.
(I may be anonymous but I always reveal my identity to anyone who emails.)
--
Eiron.
Purveyor of Socratic Irony since 2004
Des
2007-12-27 11:30:54 UTC
Post by Eiron
Post by Des
Want me to type this slowly, so that you'll get the picture? My religion
has been known on AADP for the past thirteen years or more. Not until
'Eiron' decided to get into some stalking, did it become an issue on UKRM.
You can find hundreds of posts on AADP, going back to maybe 1999 or 2000,
where I used Hebrew words or expressions on that group.
As I've shown before, it was known on UKRM several years ago and you
I believe I mentioned it once. It did not come to the general attention of
the group until you cross-posted on of my posts, which prompted someone
(TOG, IIRC) to ask, 'who the fuck is Yitzhak Goldstein?'.
Post by Eiron
posted hundreds of links to http://coughlan.fr , which had your Jewish
front page. So you weren't exactly hiding it.
coughlan.fr only exists since =~ April of this year.

D.

Eiron
2007-12-27 21:18:59 UTC
Post by Des
Post by Eiron
posted hundreds of links to http://coughlan.fr , which had your Jewish
front page. So you weren't exactly hiding it.
coughlan.fr only exists since =~ April of this year.
You're right. It must have been your chez.com url which you mentioned
often and which had a Jewish front page. But of course you have destroyed
the evidence with X-no-archive.
Eiron.
ginge
2007-12-27 10:38:20 UTC
Post by Des
Des didn't 'suddenly decide to claim he was Jewish', you stupid cunt.
Which line of Jews are you descended from? Ashkenazi, Sephardi,
Mizrahi?
Lozzo
2007-12-27 10:44:54 UTC
ginge says...
Post by ginge
Post by Des
Des didn't 'suddenly decide to claim he was Jewish', you stupid cunt.
Which line of Jews are you descended from? Ashkenazi, Sephardi,
Mizrahi?
O'Reilly or Campbells I think.
--
Lozzo
Triumph Daytona 955i SE (Niged-out)
Suzkui TS50X x2
Des
2007-12-27 11:24:45 UTC
Post by Lozzo
ginge says...
Post by ginge
Post by Des
Des didn't 'suddenly decide to claim he was Jewish', you stupid cunt.
Which line of Jews are you descended from? Ashkenazi, Sephardi,
Mizrahi?
O'Reilly or Campbells I think.
What, so you hate the Scots and the Irish as much as you hate the Jews?

D.

Andy Bonwick
2007-12-23 12:01:35 UTC
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:45:57 +0000, ***@yahoo.co.uk
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

snip>
Look out, you'll be told you're deluded if you're not careful.
platypus
2007-12-23 14:57:09 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
Depends on whether the people it's aimed at get insult or not.
For one African to cal another 'niggah' is frequently not taken as an
insult. If you or I did it, it probably would be.
White teenagers round here address one another as "niggah". Or used to -
they seem to have moved on to "cunt".
Timo Geusch
2007-12-23 15:14:04 UTC
Post by platypus
Post by The Older Gentleman
Depends on whether the people it's aimed at get insult or not.
For one African to cal another 'niggah' is frequently not taken as an
insult. If you or I did it, it probably would be.
White teenagers round here address one another as "niggah". Or used to -
they seem to have moved on to "cunt".
Sounds like they've had to much exposure to UKRM then, the cunts.
platypus
2007-12-23 21:34:25 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by platypus
Post by The Older Gentleman
Depends on whether the people it's aimed at get insult or not.
For one African to cal another 'niggah' is frequently not taken as
an insult. If you or I did it, it probably would be.
White teenagers round here address one another as "niggah". Or used to -
they seem to have moved on to "cunt".
Sounds like they've had to much exposure to UKRM then, the cunts.
They have, but I don't think that's where it comes from. There was a deal
of foshizzle-ma-nizzle-ism running around about a year ago.
Des
2007-12-23 15:27:25 UTC
Post by platypus
Post by The Older Gentleman
Depends on whether the people it's aimed at get insult or not.
For one African to cal another 'niggah' is frequently not taken as an
insult. If you or I did it, it probably would be.
White teenagers round here address one another as "niggah". Or used to -
they seem to have moved on to "cunt".
Well at the risk of stating the obvious, one Jew wouldn't call another one,
'goy'. So the hysterical willy-waving of the Clique is sad, pathetic and
so predictable.

D.

Nige
2007-12-22 20:25:07 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
Is he still here?
--
Nige, talking utter shite since 1967.

Ducati 916
BMW K1100LT
MT-03
Focus ST3
Land Rover Discovery Xtreme
Range Rover 4.6 HSE

NIGE#1
Andy Bonwick
2007-12-22 20:30:44 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
Is he still here?
Yep. I don't killfile him because I like to poke him with a stick
every once in a while. I know it's got me an entry in the censors
killfiles but I don't give a flying fuck about that.
geoff
2007-12-23 00:43:50 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
Is he still here?
Stirring things up as normal ...
geoff
Des
2007-12-23 09:03:50 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
Is he still here?
Stirring things up as normal ...
Remarkable. Bonwick decides to attack me for no other reason that he
doesn't have a flying fuck what 'goy' means, and good ol' geoff decides
that he's still smarting from the pasting I gave him last time we crossed
swords, and so decides to get his oar in.

The brief 'passage' of Fred Bloggs (and no, it's not me) demonstrated one
thing anyway, and beyond a shadow of doubt: that UKRM doesn't like having
its collective nose rubbed in its own ignorance. The pattern is the same
every time

i) a sort of 'narrowing of eyes' suspicion when a new poster arrives,

ii) a realisation that the new poster outclasses every single fucking
Clique member

iii) a 'closing of ranks' where one Senior Clique Member will call the
newcomer 'a twat', and there'll be a murmur of virtual 'hear, hear!' around
the newsgroup

iv) the final stage: the newcomer, despite not having posted anything even
_remotely_resembling_ a troll, will be called 'a troll' and the Clique will
'plonk' him, making sure that everyone sees the 'plonk' message ... and
reminding everyone that the 'plonk' has been done, just in case someone
missed it first time around

What a crowd of fucking retarded arseholes UKRM really is.

D.

Andy Bonwick
2007-12-23 12:05:10 UTC
Post by Des
Remarkable. Bonwick decides to attack me for no other reason that he
doesn't have a flying fuck what 'goy' means, and good ol' geoff decides
that he's still smarting from the pasting I gave him last time we crossed
swords, and so decides to get his oar in.
I know exactly what goy meant and I know it can be used in a
derogatory way if the person using it chooses to do so.
The Older Gentleman
2007-12-23 12:33:53 UTC
Post by Andy Bonwick
Post by Des
Remarkable. Bonwick decides to attack me for no other reason that he
doesn't have a flying fuck what 'goy' means, and good ol' geoff decides
that he's still smarting from the pasting I gave him last time we crossed
swords, and so decides to get his oar in.
I know exactly what goy meant and I know it can be used in a
derogatory way if the person using it chooses to do so.
He's saying people don't what 'goyim' are? Wow. Scary.
Des
2007-12-23 12:37:16 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by Andy Bonwick
Post by Des
Remarkable. Bonwick decides to attack me for no other reason that he
doesn't have a flying fuck what 'goy' means, and good ol' geoff decides
that he's still smarting from the pasting I gave him last time we crossed
swords, and so decides to get his oar in.
I know exactly what goy meant and I know it can be used in a
derogatory way if the person using it chooses to do so.
He's saying people don't what 'goyim' are? Wow. Scary.
LMAO!!!

What. A. Crowd. Of. Twats.

D.

Des
2007-12-23 12:42:21 UTC
Post by Andy Bonwick
Post by Des
Remarkable. Bonwick decides to attack me for no other reason that he
doesn't have a flying fuck what 'goy' means, and good ol' geoff decides
that he's still smarting from the pasting I gave him last time we crossed
swords, and so decides to get his oar in.
I know exactly what goy meant and I know it can be used in a
derogatory way if the person using it chooses to do so.
Heh ... this is a weak one, even by your normally pathetic standards, Andy.
Any word can be used 'in a derogatory way if the person using it chooses to
do so'.

'you're nothing but a fucking roll of toilet paper!'

'fuck off, you dirty staple!!'

'nothing but a safety pin, that one ...'

*snigger*

You stupid cunt. 'kike' is only derogatory; it has no other meaning; 'goy'
is not. It is simply a Hebrew word to denote non-Jews. 'kike' is the
equivalent of 'nigger'; 'goy' is the equivalent of 'black'.

Now run off and 'poke' someone else with 'a sharp stick', 'cos frankly
Andy, you're hurting me so much (although sadly, not the way you'd like).

D.

steve auvache
2007-12-22 20:26:48 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
The iKike gets all upset about people calling him names that he thinks
are insulting yet he's quite happy to do it to other people.
Ah right. Once again great minds share common thoughts.

But given this consensus why the need to bring it to the fore so often?
Why not just call him a kike/frog/porridgewog/traitor/deluded as
appropriate according to context and ignore him when he whines? It
works for me.

Besides, if Des is in any way representative of the International
Zionish Conspiracy in general then being called a Goy is less of an
insult than he might think.
Des
2007-12-22 20:35:40 UTC
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
That he's got a chip on his shoulder that makes Bullshit Bear's look like a
McDonald's fry.

The word 'goy' simply means 'non-Jew' (it means 'nation' and strictly
speaking, we are 'goyim' also, although nowadays it's always used to refer
by us to non-Jews). It's used and heard dozens of times every day in
conversation here. There are no 'negative' connotations, at least among
European Jews. Maybe the Americans have a different slant on it, as the
wiki article Andy quoted is American (AFAIK). Here, it's no more insulting
than 'juif' or 'musulman'. My primary threes said 'elle est goy' to me the
other day, referring to their teacher who is non-Jewish. 'Il est interdit
à un goy de faire Chabbath', is another one heard often.

Andy's hysterical (in all senses of the word) going off half-cocked, whilst
hilarious, serves above all to prove the axiom that a little knowledge is a
dangerous thing.

D.

steve auvache
2007-12-22 20:55:23 UTC
Post by Des
Post by steve auvache
Post by Andy Bonwick
goyim
"Goy"
the word 'Jew'
They only serve to incite anger and side-track the conversation.
and your point is?
That he's got a chip on his shoulder that makes Bullshit Bear's look like a
McDonald's fry.
I am inclined to disagree, I have always found him a perfectly nice
bloke.
Des
2007-12-22 20:20:29 UTC
Post by Andy Bonwick
Post by Des
All these goyim heading off to the country, leaving Paris delightfully
deserted for the likes of us.
I wonder if they'd be happy to be referred to as goyim?
"Goy" [plural: goyim, adjective: goyishe] is the standard Hebrew term
for non-Jew. Literally it is the Hebrew for "nation." Spoken aloud
with a disgusted inflection, it's pejorative. So is the word 'Jew' in
similar circumstances. Better to say "gentile" or "non-Jew" when
writing in English for a multi religious audience, such as SCJ. In
general, the use of judgemental or pejorative terms, even if no
offense is intended, should be avoided. They only serve to incite
anger and side-track the conversation. True conversation comes from
being factual and appropriately neutral.
It's not a derogatory term.

D.

Lozzo
2007-12-21 15:44:15 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to cook
brussel sprouts then ?
Speaking from experience, give them to Pip and Elly.
--
Lozzo
Triumph Daytona 955i SE
Suzkui TS50X
Brownz @ Work
2007-12-21 15:48:09 UTC
Post by Lozzo
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Speaking from experience, give them to Pip and Elly.
Excellent.... phoning DHL now, I'll include an SAE.
--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/
Grimly Curmudgeon
2007-12-21 16:44:07 UTC
Post by Lozzo
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to cook
brussel sprouts then ?
Speaking from experience, give them to Pip and Elly.
Musical Teslas are one thing...
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"A scone and tea at half past three
Makes the day a little brighter
Keep your cakes and fancy tarts
And stick them up your shiter."
sweller
2007-12-21 15:50:06 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
I haven't started yet.
Simon
Eiron
2007-12-21 15:55:57 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to cook
brussel sprouts then ?
Steam them for about 10 minutes, if you have a steamer amongst the pile
of wonderful gadgets that the wife couldn't do without for a week and has
never used since.
Eiron.
Wicked Uncle Nigel
2007-12-21 16:00:50 UTC
Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, Eiron
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Steam them for about 10 hours
<nods approvingly>

Krusty
2007-12-21 16:00:29 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Wrap them in C4, then take off & nuke them from orbit - it's the only
way to be sure.
--
Krusty
www.MuddyStuff.co.uk

'02 MV Senna '03 Tiger 955i '96 Tiger '79 Fantic Hiro 250
Beav
2007-12-21 17:47:20 UTC
Post by Krusty
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Wrap them in C4, then take off & nuke them from orbit - it's the only
way to be sure.
Heresy. Sprout butties are wonderful.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
christofire
2007-12-21 20:04:07 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Krusty
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Wrap them in C4, then take off & nuke them from orbit - it's the
only way to be sure.
Heresy. Sprout butties are wonderful.
I'll see you in February when the smell's returned to normal.
Christofire DIAABTCOD#1 DS#9 ZX-10R
Beav
2007-12-21 22:58:35 UTC
Post by christofire
Post by Beav
Post by Krusty
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Wrap them in C4, then take off & nuke them from orbit - it's the
only way to be sure.
Heresy. Sprout butties are wonderful.
I'll see you in February when the smell's returned to normal.
You won't, you'll find another excuse :)
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Brownz (Mobile)
2007-12-22 18:02:20 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by christofire
Post by Beav
Post by Krusty
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Wrap them in C4, then take off & nuke them from orbit - it's the
only way to be sure.
Heresy. Sprout butties are wonderful.
I'll see you in February when the smell's returned to normal.
You won't, you'll find another excuse :)
Brew...
--
Cheerz - Brownz
Beta TR34 (Ring ding ding ding pop pop)
http://www.brownz.org/
Beav
2007-12-22 23:09:00 UTC
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by christofire
Post by Beav
Post by Krusty
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Wrap them in C4, then take off & nuke them from orbit - it's the
only way to be sure.
Heresy. Sprout butties are wonderful.
I'll see you in February when the smell's returned to normal.
You won't, you'll find another excuse :)
Brew...
Kettle's always on here. I even got an instant kettle to save time.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
TOG@Toil
2007-12-21 16:12:03 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.

And my staff have just given me a bottle of Bowmore. Which is nice.
Five miles away.
TOG@Toil
2007-12-21 16:44:06 UTC
Post by ***@Toil
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>

Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
Cab
2007-12-21 16:59:41 UTC
Post by ***@Toil
wrote:> .... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>
Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
What sort have you bought? I've got a Century Hummingbird and a Century
Hawk Pro 30.

I've also got a simulator, the "XTR Reflex Flight" which enables me to
fly without crashing and breaking expensive parts. :-)
TOG@Toil
2007-12-21 17:31:30 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>
Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
What sort have you bought? I've got a Century Hummingbird and a Century
Hawk Pro 30.
I've also got a simulator, the "XTR Reflex Flight" which enables me to
fly without crashing and breaking expensive parts. :-)
Oh, some cheap Chinese thing made a company called Syma. Only two
channel radio, so learning control is an art, but wtf. For £25 it's a
bargain.

The shop also had smaller ones at £12. A colleague bought two for his
nephews, and then couldn't resist and bought one for himself and we've
been pissing around with it in the office.

Right, that's it, off home now.
Beav
2007-12-21 17:50:58 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>
Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
What sort have you bought? I've got a Century Hummingbird and a Century
Hawk Pro 30.
You need to get some good ones next:-) I've got a brace of X-cell Furies and
a brace of 90 powered Robbe Futura's (my all time favourite RC beater) plus
heli's going back to 1972.
Post by Cab
I've also got a simulator, the "XTR Reflex Flight" which enables me to
fly without crashing and breaking expensive parts. :-)
Try "Phoenix" as a sim. It's different in that the heli's can land on water
(if equipped with the pontoons). There's a neat Osprey thingimabob too.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Cab
2007-12-22 06:25:14 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Cab
What sort have you bought? I've got a Century Hummingbird and a Century
Hawk Pro 30.
You need to get some good ones next:-) I've got a brace of X-cell Furies and
a brace of 90 powered Robbe Futura's (my all time favourite RC beater) plus
heli's going back to 1972.
I'd like to go up in the heli world, but tbh, I really don't get the time to
play around with them anymore. I keep promising myself next year...
Post by Beav
Post by Cab
I've also got a simulator, the "XTR Reflex Flight" which enables me to
fly without crashing and breaking expensive parts. :-)
Try "Phoenix" as a sim. It's different in that the heli's can land on water
(if equipped with the pontoons). There's a neat Osprey thingimabob too.
Noted, ta.
--
Cab :^) - I'm dyslex-spic apparently
GSX 1400 - Speedy Zimmerframe.
Beav
2007-12-21 17:48:21 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>

Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)

Is this one of those PicoZ things?
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
The Older Gentleman
2007-12-21 19:24:52 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>
Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
Is this one of those PicoZ things?
Those mini-choppers? No. It's quite big. About 18" long, and a similar
rotor diameter.
Catman
2007-12-21 18:09:00 UTC
Post by ***@Toil
Post by ***@Toil
Post by Brownz @ Work
Oh well, happy in the knowledge that I'm not back until the 7th of Jan 2008.
Huzzah....
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>
Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
URL?
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
The Older Gentleman
2007-12-21 19:24:51 UTC
Post by ***@Toil
Off now. After our departing reporter has tried the radio-controlled
helicopter we bought him. A tenner if he puts it through the
windscreen of the boss's Saab.
<Update>
Effing impressive, for a £25 electric heli. So impressive I've just
bought one for myself :-)
URL?
Shop selling cheap Christmas tat from a previously disused site in
Tunbridge Wells.
Catman
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
JB
2007-12-21 16:24:07 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Well that's me done until the 2/1. Easy morning followed by freebie booze
giveaway to all salaried staff and a quick jar with my engineers at the pub
afterwards.
Post by Brownz @ Work
Huzzah....
Indeed.
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to
cook brussel sprouts then ?
8mins in steamer. Nice and crunchy but not too much of a fight to eat. Yum.
JB
Rudy Lacchin
2007-12-21 16:46:12 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to
cook brussel sprouts then ?
Bring a pan of water to the boil and add some salt. Strip the sprouts of
their outer leaves and cut small crosses in their bases so they cook evenly.
When the water's simmering, throw in the sprouts and add an old Wellington
boot. When the sprouts are al dente, throw them away and eat the boot.

HTH.
R.
Andy Bonwick
2007-12-21 16:59:48 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
I was supposed to be working until 4pm but I decided that leaving
Barrow at that time of the afternoon and then suffering over 250 miles
of shit driving conditions was stupid and left at dinner time.

I just looked on it as being a perk because I'm in charge so fuck the
rest of them.
Bill
2007-12-21 17:00:18 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to
cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble and squeak,
it's the only way.

And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.

Bill
Beav
2007-12-21 17:52:32 UTC
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to
cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble and
squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the wife's usual
stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Brownz (Mobile)
2007-12-21 18:27:44 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble and
squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
http://www.brownz.org/
Beav
2007-12-21 23:02:02 UTC
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble and
squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
It's a never ending fuckup. She's waiting for the results of a CT scan on
her wrist, coz it's been "pulled" out of shape as one of the bones healed.
It's now so bad, she needs another op to shorten the ulnar and bring things
back into line and possibly another on her shoulder too (op, not ulnar).
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Nige
2007-12-21 23:46:26 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble
and squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
It's a never ending fuckup. She's waiting for the results of a CT
scan on her wrist, coz it's been "pulled" out of shape as one of the
bones healed. It's now so bad, she needs another op to shorten the
ulnar and bring things back into line and possibly another on her
shoulder too (op, not ulnar).
Nightmare matey, you reckon she'll ever go on the back again?

GWS babe.

NIGE#1
Nige
2007-12-21 23:49:09 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble
and squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
It's a never ending fuckup. She's waiting for the results of a CT
scan on her wrist, coz it's been "pulled" out of shape as one of the
bones healed. It's now so bad, she needs another op to shorten the
ulnar and bring things back into line and possibly another on her
shoulder too (op, not ulnar).
Nightmare matey, you reckon she'll ever go on the back again?
GWS babe.
hehehe - i just re-read that, you know what I mean ;)

NIGE#1
Beav
2007-12-22 11:34:44 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Nige
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
[...]
Fucking dirty minded cunt. All the bleedin' same you Yorkshires.

Btw, I got that PC prog. Thanks again Nige.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Beav
2007-12-22 11:33:28 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best
way to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble
and squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
It's a never ending fuckup. She's waiting for the results of a CT
scan on her wrist, coz it's been "pulled" out of shape as one of the
bones healed. It's now so bad, she needs another op to shorten the
ulnar and bring things back into line and possibly another on her
shoulder too (op, not ulnar).
Nightmare matey, you reckon she'll ever go on the back again?
I've had a couple of clues. (1) she won't let me sell the bike and (2) she
won't let me bin/sell her riding gear, but the REAL question is will I let
her ride pillion again?. I *was* going to say "Will I take her on the back
again?", but it's just too much of a feedline.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Timo Geusch
2007-12-22 12:55:19 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Nige
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
[...]
Well, you know what they say about horses and falling off. I know where
you're coming from, but I'd think at the end of the day it's probably
going to be her decision...
Beav
2007-12-22 23:07:28 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Beav
Post by Nige
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
[...]
I'm pissed off with the fact that she really enjoyed riding and now I've
fucked it up.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Timo Geusch
2007-12-22 08:12:36 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble and
squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
It's a never ending fuckup. She's waiting for the results of a CT scan on
her wrist, coz it's been "pulled" out of shape as one of the bones healed.
It's now so bad, she needs another op to shorten the ulnar and bring things
back into line and possibly another on her shoulder too (op, not ulnar).
Oh man, sorry to hear that.
Beav
2007-12-22 11:35:23 UTC
Post by Timo Geusch
Post by Beav
Post by Brownz (Mobile)
Post by Beav
Post by Bill
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way
to cook brussel sprouts then ?
Mashed up and combined with mashed potatoes, then fried. Bubble and
squeak, it's the only way.
And as for work, I'm retired. Every day is a holiday.
And usually it's pretty good fun. Not when you're doing all the
wife's usual stuff though, it gets very tedifying then.
How is the ol' gal now, fixed - or still suffering from the off ?
It's a never ending fuckup. She's waiting for the results of a CT scan on
her wrist, coz it's been "pulled" out of shape as one of the bones healed.
It's now so bad, she needs another op to shorten the ulnar and bring things
back into line and possibly another on her shoulder too (op, not ulnar).
Oh man, sorry to hear that.
Cheers Timo, but she's not taking it too badly. I'm the one feeling the
worst about it.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Rope
2007-12-21 17:24:06 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Hah! - First I knew of it, people started fucking off, and I was next
to last in the building, still on the phone to BT trying to figure out
the inner workings of a Nortel BCM200 to set up the hollibags voicemail
message!
--
Rob_P
UKRM(at)indqualtec.co.uk
Please be patient, I am old and easily confused.
Dave Emerson
2007-12-21 18:25:07 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
.... and no sign of the boss letting us go early.
Many years ago, after loosing an argument that it was possible to send an
internal Company email and make it look as if it had come from someone else,
even with our locked=down NT clients, I created an email and sent it out to
all the guys in our Technical Services dept.

The body of the email was a very tongue-in-cheek version of those "It's been
a great year" messages we all get from the Senior Management in most large
multinationals and ended with... "To show our appreciation, all those not
required for direct operational services may leave today at 14:00. Have a
good Holiday"

The To looked like it had been sent to the UK company-wide distribution
list, while the From was a misspelled version of the HR Directors name.

I sent it from an Netscape Navigator desktop, at about 10:00, bounced off a
couple of internal Usenet servers that I could see still had the mail daemon
running. After a couple of hours nothing had appeared so I figured I'd got
something wrong, forgot about it and went to lunch, followed by a meeting
from 13:00-14:00.

When I got back to the TS Dept at 14:10 there was no one around.

Seems the email had got stuck somewhere but finally arrived at 13:30 and
without me around to say "Fooled you" they'd all believed it and gone home.

Luckily the Dept. Manager had booked the day off but the IT Director was a
little surprised when he came around at 15:00 to wish everyone well and
found just me, in the middle of packing my bags. I told him that all the
others were out making arrangements for a major upgrade over the Xmas
break - which he believed - and he gave his blessings for an "early finish,
when all the preparations were finished" - good man!

The first week back in the New Year was *interesting* and I was given the
task of "ethical hacking" all the internal servers and making sure no one
could pull the same trick again...
--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop
http://tinyurl.com/4mhaw
Elly
2007-12-21 21:35:33 UTC
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to cook
brussel sprouts then ?
Forget it, you should have had them on a low simmer since mid-October.
--
Elly - A Pixie doing a PhD
ZX9R-E1 - <Giggles>
elly at garagepixies dot co dot uk
ginge
2007-12-21 21:37:44 UTC
Post by Elly
Post by Brownz @ Work
So - Just on the off chance someone might know - whats the best way to cook
brussel sprouts then ?
Forget it, you should have had them on a low simmer since mid-October.
There's always the pressure cooker from now til christmas day option.