Paging Kawasaki ZX10R Owners.
Cane
2007-05-07 15:46:30 UTC
It would appear that I need one [1]

Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?

[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Krusty
2007-05-07 16:00:48 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
Lol - nice!
--
Krusty
www.MuddyStuff.co.uk

'02 MV Senna '03 Tigtona 955i '96 Tiger '79 Fantic Hiro 250
Nige
2007-05-07 16:07:15 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
--
'Chill Winston.......'

Nige

Subaru WRX (54)
Land Rover Discovery II (2001)
BMW GS1200 (2007)
Honda CBR900RR Fireblade (1997)
Cane
2007-05-07 16:16:08 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
I can't imagine it would be that much more than I pay for the blade.
Either way, it's fucking worth it :)
Nige
2007-05-07 16:19:53 UTC
Post by Cane
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider
other wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
I can't imagine it would be that much more than I pay for the blade.
Either way, it's fucking worth it :)
Seriously, they are. Just check it out. Dale, the chap who has one pays
twice what he was paying for a GSXR1000 of similar value/vintage.

I suppose it's the usual postcode lottery, but he aint moved.

Cane
I don't care. I must have one, they're nearly as fast as an SV650.
Kiran
2007-05-07 18:20:58 UTC
Post by Nige
Seriously, they are. Just check it out. Dale, the chap who has one
pays twice what he was paying for a GSXR1000 of similar
value/vintage.
I don't care. I must have one, they're nearly as fast as an SV650.
Well, with you riding it..mirrors, ogden, mirrors, ogden.....
--
Kiran D.Bot (Celeritas)
GSXR1000 K3
BOTAFOT#19; IBW#14; BOTAFOF#20; MRO#18
Cane
2007-05-07 19:10:34 UTC
Post by Kiran
Post by Nige
Seriously, they are. Just check it out. Dale, the chap who has one
pays twice what he was paying for a GSXR1000 of similar
value/vintage.
I don't care. I must have one, they're nearly as fast as an SV650.
Well, with you riding it..mirrors, ogden, mirrors, ogden.....
heh, there's me backing off all the time and Pat had the SV nailed for
the entire ride. Respect
Champ
2007-05-07 19:58:09 UTC
On Mon, 7 May 2007 17:19:53 +0100, "Nige"
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
I can't imagine it would be that much more than I pay for the blade.
Either way, it's fucking worth it :)
Seriously, they are. Just check it out. Dale, the chap who has one pays
twice what he was paying for a GSXR1000 of similar value/vintage.
Really? I changed from a GSX-R1000 to a ZX10R, and it hardly made any
difference, and that was easily accounted for because I was going from
a bike worth 3k to one worth 6.5k
--
Champ

ZX10R | GPz750turbo | GSX-R 600 racer
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
To email me, neal at my domain should work.
eric the brave
2007-05-07 20:16:30 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
I can't imagine it would be that much more than I pay for the blade.
Either way, it's fucking worth it :)
Seriously, they are. Just check it out. Dale, the chap who has one pays
twice what he was paying for a GSXR1000 of similar value/vintage.
Really? I changed from a GSX-R1000 to a ZX10R, and it hardly made any
difference, and that was easily accounted for because I was going from
a bike worth 3k to one worth 6.5k
What he said...
ZX10R in the correct colour.
Triumph Sprint ST for long two up touring.
http://sportstourer.org
Cane
£268.19 Fully comp with Bennetts.
ogden
2007-05-08 08:57:11 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
I can't imagine it would be that much more than I pay for the blade.
Either way, it's fucking worth it :)
Seriously, they are. Just check it out. Dale, the chap who has one pays
twice what he was paying for a GSXR1000 of similar value/vintage.
Really? I changed from a GSX-R1000 to a ZX10R, and it hardly made any
difference, and that was easily accounted for because I was going from
a bike worth 3k to one worth 6.5k
£268.19 Fully comp with Bennetts.
Hmm. Just got two quick quotes for a K6 from H&R. Lowest was £2505.30
comp, highest was (and I kid not) exactly £9999.00. I think I may have
to shop around!
--
ogden, sv650, time to buy some wellies

Last few 7R bits: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZdr.daifQQhtZ-1
Ace
2007-05-08 09:19:10 UTC
<ZX-10R>
Post by ogden
Post by Cane
£268.19 Fully comp with Bennetts.
Hmm. Just got two quick quotes for a K6 from H&R. Lowest was £2505.30
comp, highest was (and I kid not) exactly £9999.00. I think I may have
to shop around!
Or move to a less pikey area.
--
_______
.'_/_|_\_'. Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
`
Cane
Jesus wept!
Beav
2007-05-08 15:55:24 UTC
Post by ogden
Post by Cane
Post by Champ
Really? I changed from a GSX-R1000 to a ZX10R, and it hardly made any
difference, and that was easily accounted for because I was going from
a bike worth 3k to one worth 6.5k
£268.19 Fully comp with Bennetts.
Hmm. Just got two quick quotes for a K6 from H&R. Lowest was £2505.30
comp, highest was (and I kid not) exactly £9999.00. I think I may have
to shop around!
Jesus wept!

I'm not fucking surprised.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
CT
2007-05-08 10:43:16 UTC
Post by ogden
Hmm. Just got two quick quotes for a K6 from H&R. Lowest was £2505.30
comp, highest was (and I kid not) exactly £9999.00. I think I may have
to shop around!
Ouch.

I guess motor insurance is one sector of IT where designing in a
numeric field that can handle > 4.2 digits really is a bit unnecessary.
Chris
frag
2007-05-08 11:05:47 UTC
Post by CT
Post by ogden
Hmm. Just got two quick quotes for a K6 from H&R. Lowest was
£2505.30 comp, highest was (and I kid not) exactly £9999.00. I
think I may have to shop around!
Ouch.
I guess motor insurance is one sector of IT where designing in a
numeric field that can handle > 4.2 digits really is a bit
unnecessary.
Quote £620 fc, £200 excess. With 3 points.

Not that I want one.
--
frag
Suzuki VStrom 1000 K2 Kawasaki ZX9R E1 Honda XRV750
DS#5 UK-R-M FAQ : http://www.ukrm.net/faq/index.html DFV#3
Paul Corfield
2007-05-07 16:19:21 UTC
On Mon, 7 May 2007 17:07:15 +0100, "Nige"
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
He's rich - he can afford it.
--
Paul C - "the big camp bastard" (tm d.a.r.s.y)
VFR800 | ZX6R | R1150GS
Nige

ginge
Bollocks are they, no more expensive than other liter bikes.
Nige
2007-05-07 16:47:06 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider
other wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
Bollocks are they, no more expensive than other liter bikes.
I hope not, but all i know is the chap I know whos older than me,
doubled overnight.

Champ
2007-05-07 19:58:30 UTC
On Mon, 7 May 2007 17:47:06 +0100, "Nige"
Post by Nige
Post by ginge
Post by Nige
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
Bollocks are they, no more expensive than other liter bikes.
I hope not, but all i know is the chap I know whos older than me,
doubled overnight.
Perhaps he's stupid?

Ben
2007-05-07 18:17:32 UTC
Post by Nige
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
Eh? £347 quid fully comp. And I'm only 30.
ZX-10R
Christofire
2007-05-08 20:30:02 UTC
Mine was short of 500 notes FC, IIRC, and I'm 26.
ginge
2007-05-08 20:33:45 UTC
Post by Nige
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
Eh? £347 quid fully comp. And I'm only 30.
Mine was short of 500 notes FC, IIRC, and I'm 26.
And I'm paying just over 400 for a multibike policy to cover *both* the
10R and the ZRX, FC.
Whinging Courier
2007-05-09 16:32:16 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Nige
Have you checked the insurance? Fuck me, they are expensive to insure.
Eh? £347 quid fully comp. And I'm only 30.
Mine was short of 500 notes FC, IIRC, and I'm 26.
And I'm paying just over 400 for a multibike policy to cover *both* the
10R and the ZRX, FC.
Move to a more pikey area.
--
CBR1000 GS450 FZ1-N
BOMB#14 ibW#40 LotR#0 BOTAFOT#157 BotM#3
ginge
2007-05-07 16:40:34 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Powersports[0], in Clay Cross[1]

£6800, at 0% over 3 years, for a 0 mile pre-registered one on a 56
plate. They had one or 2 pre-reg ones left a few weeks ago and you
could no doubt PX for peanuts/month with the current kawasaki sponsored
deal.

[0] http://www.powersports.co.uk

[1] It's a god forsaken northern hole.
Andy Bonwick
But they're not 'proper' ones.
Cane
I need your one.
Andy Bonwick
So do I and possession is everything.
Adie
2007-05-08 21:34:17 UTC
On Mon, 07 May 2007 21:07:20 +0100, Andy Bonwick
Post by Andy Bonwick
Post by Cane
Post by Andy Bonwick
Post by ginge
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Powersports[0], in Clay Cross[1]
£6800, at 0% over 3 years, for a 0 mile pre-registered one on a 56
plate. They had one or 2 pre-reg ones left a few weeks ago and you
could no doubt PX for peanuts/month with the current kawasaki sponsored
deal.
But they're not 'proper' ones.
I need your one.
So do I and possession is everything.
isn't it just.

<waves keys>
--
Adie
(replace spam with nickname to reply)

UKRM FAQ: http://www.ukrm.net/faq/
keeper of the ukrm faq for my sins

YZF-R1: ZX9R E1

MRO#11 BOTAFOF#7 BOTAFOT#130 DIAABTCOD#17 MIB#24 YTC#16 BOB#15 ex-UKRMMA#22 BOMB#11
ginge
2007-05-07 19:36:40 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Powersports[0], in Clay Cross[1]
£6800, at 0% over 3 years, for a 0 mile pre-registered one on a 56
plate. They had one or 2 pre-reg ones left a few weeks ago and you
could no doubt PX for peanuts/month with the current kawasaki sponsored
deal.
But they're not 'proper' ones.
Same horespower and top speed, more midrange, ohlins damper, better
suspension for the road... and 160 Mile tank range at a steady 100..

Nope, not proper at all.
Adie
2007-05-08 21:35:57 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Powersports[0], in Clay Cross[1]
£6800, at 0% over 3 years, for a 0 mile pre-registered one on a 56
plate. They had one or 2 pre-reg ones left a few weeks ago and you
could no doubt PX for peanuts/month with the current kawasaki sponsored
deal.
But they're not 'proper' ones.
Same horespower and top speed, more midrange, ohlins damper, better
suspension for the road... and 160 Mile tank range at a steady 100..
you forgot the fucking ugly, luggage resistent exhaust.

ginge
2007-05-08 22:18:46 UTC
Post by ginge
Same horespower and top speed, more midrange, ohlins damper, better
suspension for the road... and 160 Mile tank range at a steady 100..
you forgot the fucking ugly, luggage resistent exhaust.
I still prefer that to the gigantic twin cans they've had to put on the
new gixxer to meet Euro III emissions. Neither are perfect though..
fucking Europe.
Ben
2007-05-07 18:16:45 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
http://www.draytoncroft.com/

£7749 inc free Akrapovic cans and 0% finance.

The dealer has been good so far, but I'm reserving final judgement
until the head gasket issue is fixed. They'd said it should be done
by next weekend.
ZX-10R
Kiran
2007-05-07 18:22:15 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
04 or 05 ones seem to go for a shade under 6k with lowish miles. I must say,
it was a very nice bike. Would be interesting to see what the newer ones are
like to ride.
ginge
2007-05-07 18:55:11 UTC
Post by Kiran
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
04 or 05 ones seem to go for a shade under 6k with lowish miles. I must say,
it was a very nice bike. Would be interesting to see what the newer ones are
like to ride.
Had we all not needed to bugger off early you could have tried mine.
Remind me next time we're on a run and we'll swap bikes for a bit.
Kiran
Dr Ivan D. Reid
2007-05-07 18:27:17 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
If you get no other offers, give me a bell; I'm prepared to help
out a mate in need.
--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Alan
2007-05-07 19:06:11 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
£7200 from Fastrack in Shrewsbury, 06 model unregistered and with the
free exhaust cans and on 0% finance. As for insurance Aunty Carole
wanted an extra £17 from me compared to the ZX9 I had. Mine is in for
it's first service this week and I've booked a track day at Mallory on
the 18th with Focused Events, anyone else going?
--
Alan
ZX10R Green of course.
Tiger 955i A pleasant shade of green.
Champ
2007-05-07 19:59:48 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one
Andy Bonwick should be on fucking commission from Kawasaki.

vulgarandmischevious
2007-05-07 20:25:16 UTC
Post by Cane
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
Keep me informed.
vulgarandmischevious
Kiran
2007-05-07 20:29:14 UTC
Post by vulgarandmischevious
Post by Cane
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
Keep me informed.
Hmm, I'm sure I discussed [1] with Cane the terms upon which you could fuck
his wife.

[1] and he may have even agreed.
vulgarandmischevious
2007-05-07 23:31:35 UTC
Post by Cane
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
Keep me informed.
Hmm, I'm sure I discussed [1] with Cane the terms upon which you could fuck
his wife.
Good point. I should probably get a lawyer (you) to put this into a
contract.
Post by Kiran
[1] and he may have even agreed.
It's upon his death, so I'm in the difficult situation of kinda hoping
that a good mate snuffs it. I'm a shitty friend, clearly.
vulgarandmischevious
wessie
2007-05-07 23:40:28 UTC
Post by Kiran
[1] and he may have even agreed.
It's upon his death, so I'm in the difficult situation of kinda hoping
that a good mate snuffs it. I'm a shitty friend, clearly.
Gift wrapped ZX10R should do it...
--
wessie at tesco dot net

BMW R1150GS
CT
2007-05-08 07:47:19 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
At the very least, get a green one, FFS.
Chris
platypus
2007-05-08 07:55:14 UTC
Post by CT
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
At the very least, get a green one, FFS.
Nah, beige like everyone else.
--
platypus

"Merely corroborative detail, intended to
give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise
bald and unconvincing narrative."
Beav
2007-05-08 19:50:11 UTC
Post by CT
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
At the very least, get a green one, FFS.
Do they produce the new 10-R in green?
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
CT
2007-05-08 22:27:31 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by CT
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
At the very least, get a green one, FFS.
Do they produce the new 10-R in green?
Dunno. If they don't, they should do.
Chris
Ben
2007-05-09 08:30:46 UTC
Post by CT
Post by Beav
Post by CT
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
At the very least, get a green one, FFS.
Do they produce the new 10-R in green?
Dunno. If they don't, they should do.
Yes. This year they only do it in all-black or black with a green
tank and fairings.

Notice the general black theme though.
ZX-10R
Pip
2007-05-09 09:24:07 UTC
Post by Ben
Yes. This year they only do it in all-black or black with a green
tank and fairings.
Notice the general black theme though.
I don't see anything wrong in that.
Pip: B12
Molly
2007-05-08 20:26:40 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
[1] Heather isn't too impressed[2] but I'm prepared to consider other
wives.
[2] I've done worse ;-)
Welcome to the green side young Jedi.

It cost 6999 from Colin Collins.

Insurance the same as the gixxer thou.
--
Molly
Carlsberg don't do motorcycles BUT if they did it would be a Kawasaki
http://www.Sportsbike.org
Christofire
2007-05-08 20:32:59 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Somewhere Up North[1], a bit under 5k[2] plus a '99 daytona got me an
05 in JRG, with alarm.

[1] I don't think it had carpets
[2] on 0%, of course
eric the brave
2007-05-10 10:50:40 UTC
Post by Christofire
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Somewhere Up North[1], a bit under 5k[2] plus a '99 daytona got me an
05 in JRG, with alarm.
[1] I don't think it had carpets
[2] on 0%, of course
I paid 5.5K for mine 05 in Green last year. Get a Penske shock for it.
It makes one hell of a difference to the ride...
http://sportstourer.org
Christofire
2007-05-10 18:49:58 UTC
On 10 May, 11:50, eric the brave <""simonb_at_zapik_dot_co_dot_uk
Post by eric the brave
I paid 5.5K for mine 05 in Green last year. Get a Penske shock for it.
It makes one hell of a difference to the ride...
If GPR aren't pulling my leg, I may have shiny black bits to fit to it
this weekend.

<fx: tentative happy dance>
Adie
2007-05-10 21:20:33 UTC
Post by eric the brave
I paid 5.5K for mine 05 in Green last year. Get a Penske shock for it.
It makes one hell of a difference to the ride...
If GPR aren't pulling my leg, I may have shiny black bits to fit to it
this weekend.
heard that one before though haven't you?
Post by Christofire
<fx: tentative happy dance>
watch you don't pull something. BTW Andy is in Warrington next week
(inc Sunday) if you need assistance fitting it.

Christofire
2007-05-11 08:28:51 UTC
Post by Adie
Post by Christofire
If GPR aren't pulling my leg, I may have shiny black bits to fit to it
this weekend.
heard that one before though haven't you?
No - I've heard many excuses as to why there apparently aren't/weren't
any in the country, but we hadn't entered the "it's posted"/"it's gone
missing"/etc. part of proceedings.
Post by Adie
Post by Christofire
<fx: tentative happy dance>
watch you don't pull something. BTW Andy is in Warrington next week
(inc Sunday) if you need assistance fitting it.
I think I'll have to tackle this one when I can - I'm not going to be
about next week (hence the other recent post) but I think I'll have to
forego the sightseeing and do TT prep.
Beav
2007-05-10 23:52:30 UTC
Post by eric the brave
I paid 5.5K for mine 05 in Green last year. Get a Penske shock for it.
It makes one hell of a difference to the ride...
If GPR aren't pulling my leg, I may have shiny black bits to fit to it
this weekend.
Don't scratch the bloody paintwork, we're really busy next week:)
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
Ben
ZX-10R
Christofire
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
ginge
2007-05-11 09:23:56 UTC
Post by Christofire
Post by eric the brave
I paid 5.5K for mine 05 in Green last year. Get a Penske shock for it.
It makes one hell of a difference to the ride...
If GPR aren't pulling my leg, I may have shiny black bits to fit to it
this weekend.
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike. Seems it's nowhere
near as twitchy as the R6 was.
Champ
2007-05-11 09:47:37 UTC
On Fri, 11 May 2007 10:23:56 +0100, ginge
Post by ginge
Post by Christofire
Post by Ben
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike.
Open the throttle harder.
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
neal at champ dot org dot uk
Statto
2007-05-11 10:07:45 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Christofire
Post by Ben
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike.
Open the throttle.
Post corrected
--
Statto
Daytona 955i SE in black
GT750 in disrepair
Ace
2007-05-11 10:14:03 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Christofire
Post by Ben
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike.
Open the throttle harder.
And try using the rest of your tyres.
--
_______
`
ginge
2007-05-11 10:28:22 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by Christofire
Post by Ben
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike.
Open the throttle harder.
And try using the rest of your tyres.
Nice to see the "Ride your own ride" thing is still going strongly.

Anyway, I can't help it if I'm smooth enouhg not to need the damper on
full, and light enough to get round corners without needing to shred the
tyres...
Colin Irvine
2007-05-11 10:29:22 UTC
On Fri, 11 May 2007 11:28:22 +0100, ginge
Post by ginge
Post by ginge
Post by Christofire
Post by Ben
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike.
Open the throttle harder.
And try using the rest of your tyres.
Nice to see the "Ride your own ride" thing is still going strongly.
Anyway, I can't help it if I'm smooth enouhg not to need the damper on
full, and light enough to get round corners without needing to shred the
tyres...
Plus hanging off help keeps the bike upright.
--
Colin Irvine
YZF1000R BOF#33 BONY#34 COFF#06 BHaLC#5
http://www.colinandpat.co.uk
Ace
2007-05-11 10:51:09 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by ginge
Post by Christofire
Post by Ben
Steering damper?
At the moment, it's more like hope damper.
Mine's stayed on the 1st click since I got the bike.
Open the throttle harder.
And try using the rest of your tyres.
Nice to see the "Ride your own ride" thing is still going strongly.
Nice to see that after all this time you're still so sensitive about
it...
Post by ginge
Anyway, I can't help it if I'm smooth enouhg not to need the damper on
full, and light enough to get round corners without needing to shred the
tyres...
Corners? When did you start doing them?
--
_______
`
ginge
2007-05-11 10:57:46 UTC
Post by ginge
Nice to see the "Ride your own ride" thing is still going strongly.
Nice to see that after all this time you're still so sensitive about
it...
Just argumentative, really. I remember Arguing with Andy at the BOSM
that perhaps we should have a race. I know full well he'd beat me but
he might just crash in the process, so I could take the piss.
Post by Colin Irvine
Post by ginge
Anyway, I can't help it if I'm smooth enouhg not to need the damper on
full, and light enough to get round corners without needing to shred the
tyres...
Corners? When did you start doing them?
Mallory, last year.

frag
2007-05-07 21:01:43 UTC
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Can you make sure you get one with working brake lights?

Honestly, in all seriousness [1], Andy, Ginge, any other ZX10R owners,
no idea why but I only saw Andys brake light come on all of 4 or so
times from your house to just before the A1M.

I suppose its because it only needs such a light touch moving it a
small amount for normal braking, and this isn't enough to activate the
brake light switch.

No idea if its adjustable, but if it were me I'd adjust it.

[1] I would hate to see anyone getting shunted from behind due to this.
CT
2007-05-09 13:25:19 UTC
Post by frag
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Can you make sure you get one with working brake lights?
Honestly, in all seriousness [1], Andy, Ginge, any other ZX10R owners,
no idea why but I only saw Andys brake light come on all of 4 or so
times from your house to just before the A1M.
I noticed that following both Champ and Andy. It's quite disconcerting
thinking "hmm, they've just got round that corner without braking, I'm
sure I can too..." followed by having to grab a handful of front before
tipping in.
Post by frag
I suppose its because it only needs such a light touch moving it a
small amount for normal braking, and this isn't enough to activate the
brake light switch.
No idea if its adjustable, but if it were me I'd adjust it.
I just thought they rarely used their brakes but ICBW.
Chris
ogden
2007-05-09 13:41:19 UTC
Post by CT
Post by frag
Honestly, in all seriousness [1], Andy, Ginge, any other ZX10R owners,
no idea why but I only saw Andys brake light come on all of 4 or so
times from your house to just before the A1M.
I noticed that following both Champ and Andy. It's quite disconcerting
thinking "hmm, they've just got round that corner without braking, I'm
sure I can too..." followed by having to grab a handful of front before
tipping in.
The way I was playing catch-up, the back end of the SV must have looked
like mobile disco.
--
ogden
sv650 - surprisingly quick for a girl's bike

Last few 7R bits: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZdr.daifQQhtZ-1
ginge
2007-05-09 13:38:23 UTC
Post by frag
Honestly, in all seriousness [1], Andy, Ginge, any other ZX10R owners,
no idea why but I only saw Andys brake light come on all of 4 or so
times from your house to just before the A1M.
My guess is that he just didn't brake much. In the right gear engine
braking is quite good on the 10r.
Champ
2007-05-09 13:42:07 UTC
Post by frag
Post by Cane
It would appear that I need one [1]
Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Can you make sure you get one with working brake lights?
Honestly, in all seriousness [1], Andy, Ginge, any other ZX10R owners,
no idea why but I only saw Andys brake light come on all of 4 or so
times from your house to just before the A1M.
I suppose its because it only needs such a light touch moving it a
small amount for normal braking, and this isn't enough to activate the
brake light switch.
Interesting.

Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
neal at champ dot org dot uk
CT
2007-05-09 13:49:29 UTC
Post by Champ
Interesting.
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
On Friday, from Calias to Dieppe it was definitely "not very often".

There were times when I had to brake quite hard[1] for bends where your
brake light hadn't come on at all. It could just be the slight
difference in our riding styles though :o)

[1] Well, I thought I had to, anyway.
Chris
Champ
2007-05-09 14:34:57 UTC
Post by CT
Post by Champ
Interesting.
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
On Friday, from Calias to Dieppe it was definitely "not very often".
But "sometimes", yes? In which case, it works.
Post by CT
There were times when I had to brake quite hard[1] for bends where your
brake light hadn't come on at all. It could just be the slight
difference in our riding styles though :o)
Choose from:

More affected by the fact that I was cruising at my own pace at the
front, so able to just roll off for corners, where you, as tailend
charlie, had to play catch up all the time and would have been
arriving at the corners at a higher speed.

Or:

I'm a riding god and you're shit.

Which would you prefer?
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
neal at champ dot org dot uk
CT
2007-05-09 14:40:47 UTC
Post by CT
On Friday, from Calias to Dieppe it was definitely "not very often".
But "sometimes", yes? In which case, it works.
Oh yes, it works, but seriously, and FWIW, I reckon frag's comment on
checking the adjustment as to how hard you brake before it comes on
might be worth 30 seconds of your time.
Post by CT
There were times when I had to brake quite hard[1] for bends where
your brake light hadn't come on at all. It could just be the slight
difference in our riding styles though :o)
More affected by the fact that I was cruising at my own pace at the
front, so able to just roll off for corners, where you, as tailend
charlie, had to play catch up all the time and would have been
arriving at the corners at a higher speed.
Yes, that's it exactly!
I'm a riding god and you're shit.
Yes, that's it exactly!
Which would you prefer?
<small voice>
Can I be just a *bit* "not shit"?
</sv>
Chris
ginge
2007-05-09 14:44:30 UTC
Post by CT
<small voice>
Can I be just a *bit* "not shit"?
</sv>
Frag suggested it happens to me as well, in which case you're no more
shit than I am...

I'm not helping much, am I?
CT
2007-05-09 14:46:46 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by CT
<small voice>
Can I be just a bit "not shit"?
</sv>
Frag suggested it happens to me as well, in which case you're no more
shit than I am...
Wahay!!

<fx:thinks>

Oh...
Post by ginge
I'm not helping much, am I?
No.

Go and scrub your tyres in.
Chris
ginge
2007-05-09 14:53:47 UTC
Post by CT
Post by ginge
I'm not helping much, am I?
No.
Go and scrub your tyres in.
It's raining. I don't do rain, given the choice.
CT
2007-05-09 14:56:41 UTC
Post by ginge
It's raining. I don't do rain, given the choice.
Yeah, I noticed.

Tonight's journey home will be the first time the Sprint ST has got wet!
Chris
Krusty
2007-05-09 14:59:35 UTC
Post by ginge
Post by CT
Post by ginge
I'm not helping much, am I?
No.
Go and scrub your tyres in.
It's raining. I don't do rain, given the choice.
I was meant to be testing a Benelli Tre-K today - which I won't be now
thanks to the rain :-(

Champ
2007-05-09 15:47:24 UTC
Post by CT
Post by CT
On Friday, from Calias to Dieppe it was definitely "not very often".
But "sometimes", yes? In which case, it works.
Oh yes, it works, but seriously, and FWIW, I reckon frag's comment on
checking the adjustment as to how hard you brake before it comes on
might be worth 30 seconds of your time.
I'd be very surprised if it's adjustable at all. It's just a little
electrical switch actuated by the lever.

Which raises an interesting point - Andy B has changed his m/c for a
brembo one, which required him to fit a brake light switch operated
off hydraulic pressure rather than mechanically. So, if his bike
behaves the same then it's not the switch
Post by CT
I'm a riding god and you're shit.
Yes, that's it exactly!
Which would you prefer?
<small voice>
Can I be just a *bit* "not shit"?
</sv>
<benevolent>
Of course you can
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
neal at champ dot org dot uk
frag
2007-05-09 17:47:19 UTC
Post by CT
Post by CT
But "sometimes", yes? In which case, it works.
Oh yes, it works, but seriously, and FWIW, I reckon frag's comment
on checking the adjustment as to how hard you brake before it comes
on might be worth 30 seconds of your time.
I'd be very surprised if it's adjustable at all. It's just a little
electrical switch actuated by the lever.
Which raises an interesting point - Andy B has changed his m/c for a
brembo one, which required him to fit a brake light switch operated
off hydraulic pressure rather than mechanically. So, if his bike
behaves the same then it's not the switch
<thinks> If the 'x'-pot piston, pads and discs have been improved (on
the 10R) so that they provide greater braking with the same hydraulic
pressure, then you'll get more braking effect for the same pressure the
switch needs to activate, so for "mild" braking the switch might
activate less.
Beav
2007-05-09 20:12:31 UTC
Post by frag
Post by CT
Post by CT
[...]
The switch doesn't normally operate on pressure, just distance moved. It's
either on or off, not "hard" or "soft".
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
frag
2007-05-10 07:58:09 UTC
Post by Beav
Post by frag
Post by Champ
Which raises an interesting point - Andy B has changed his m/c
for a brembo one, which required him to fit a brake light switch
operated off hydraulic pressure rather than mechanically. So, if
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Beav
2007-05-10 23:49:43 UTC
Post by frag
Post by Champ
Which raises an interesting point - Andy B has changed his m/c
for a brembo one, which required him to fit a brake light switch
operated off hydraulic pressure rather than mechanically. So, if
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought it was Champ's bike that was having brake light trouble, not Andy
B's.
--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19
SD
2007-05-09 19:45:36 UTC
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished on
Sunday, weren't it?
--
| ___ Salad Dodger
|/ \
_/_____\_ GL1500SEV/CBR1100XXX/CBX1000Z
|_\_____/_| ..88203../..24080.../..31896.
(>|_|_|<) TPPFATUICG#7 DIAABTCOD#9 WG*
|__|_|__| BOTAFOT #70 BOTAFOF #09 PM#5
\ |^| / IbW#0 & KotIbW# BotTOS#6 GP#4
\|^|/ ANORAK#17 IbB#4 YTC#4 two#11
'^' RBR Clues: 00 Pts:0000 Miles:0000
Champ
2007-05-09 21:24:48 UTC
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished on
Sunday, weren't it?
Yep.

I was trying to outrun my hangover.

SD
2007-05-09 21:31:27 UTC
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished on
Sunday, weren't it?
Yep.
I was trying to outrun my hangover.
Aha. I must say, the manner in which you fucked off was most
impressive.
Champ
2007-05-09 21:56:44 UTC
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished on
Sunday, weren't it?
Yep.
I was trying to outrun my hangover.
Aha. I must say, the manner in which you fucked off was most
impressive.
Well, I did have an audience :-)

Nige
2007-05-09 22:05:14 UTC
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell
me if my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished
on Sunday, weren't it?
Yep.
I was trying to outrun my hangover.
Aha. I must say, the manner in which you fucked off was most
impressive.
Well, I did have an audience :-)
Champion is a good name for someone that holds the Lands End to John O
Groats record i suppose.

;)

Lozzo
2007-05-09 22:08:52 UTC
Nige says...
Post by Nige
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell
me if my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished
on Sunday, weren't it?
Yep.
I was trying to outrun my hangover.
Aha. I must say, the manner in which you fucked off was most
impressive.
Well, I did have an audience :-)
Champion is a good name for someone that holds the Lands End to John O
Groats record i suppose.
He doesn't hold the Lands End to John O'Groats record.
--
Lozzo
Triumph Daytona 955i SE (Black with added black bits)
I ride way too fast to worry about cholestorol.
steve auvache
2007-05-09 22:19:04 UTC
Post by Lozzo
Nige says...
Post by Nige
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Post by SD
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell
me if my brake light was working?
On a similar note: that was you wot waved and instantly vanished
on Sunday, weren't it?
Yep.
I was trying to outrun my hangover.
Aha. I must say, the manner in which you fucked off was most
impressive.
Well, I did have an audience :-)
Champion is a good name for someone that holds the Lands End to John O
Groats record i suppose.
He doesn't hold the Lands End to John O'Groats record.
He qualifies for the silver replica though I suspect.
--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features
Lozzo
2007-05-09 22:25:01 UTC
steve auvache says...
Post by steve auvache
Post by Lozzo
Nige says...
Post by Nige
Champion is a good name for someone that holds the Lands End to John O
Groats record i suppose.
He doesn't hold the Lands End to John O'Groats record.
He qualifies for the silver replica though I suspect.
He could put it on the mantlepiece upside-down
Pip
2007-05-10 09:48:13 UTC
Post by Lozzo
steve auvache says...
Post by steve auvache
Post by Lozzo
Nige says...
Post by Nige
Champion is a good name for someone that holds the Lands End to John O
Groats record i suppose.
He doesn't hold the Lands End to John O'Groats record.
He qualifies for the silver replica though I suspect.
He could put it on the mantlepiece upside-down
That's a full Diamond Nine you got there.
Pip: B12
Christofire
2007-05-09 19:50:30 UTC
Post by Champ
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
I think it was - mostly on the way into towns. The rest of the time I
was more interested in not Doing an Eton.
platypus

Kiran
2007-05-09 23:07:08 UTC
Post by Champ
Post by frag
I suppose its because it only needs such a light touch moving it a
small amount for normal braking, and this isn't enough to activate
the brake light switch.
Interesting.
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
Yes. Both you and Andy braked about the same tbh.

And sometimes, in mid corner when you fucked it up ;-)
Champ
2007-05-10 08:57:00 UTC
Post by Kiran
Post by Champ
Post by frag
I suppose its because it only needs such a light touch moving it a
small amount for normal braking, and this isn't enough to activate
the brake light switch.
Interesting.
Perhaps the chaps who were following me on the Saturday can tell me if
my brake light was working?
Yes. Both you and Andy braked about the same tbh.
And sometimes, in mid corner when you fucked it up ;-)
That wasm't a fuck up, that was "advanced skills" :-)
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo